Honda or Mercury

Seastoke

Visit site
Whilst I use Honda all the time at work which are great, so I bought a 2.3 Honda . He biggest load of crap , sold it.

Yngmar

Visit site
Would tend towards the air-cooled Honda 2.5.

Our Suzuki 2.5 DF is okay but not great. Fuel valve is a useless design that keeps breaking down (apparently doesn't like modern fuel) and is 40 moneys to replace. At least it's super quick and easy to remove the carb for cleaning, because you have to do it often.

I'd also look at electric ones, although probably thieves do too! :)

dansaskip

seabear.uk
Mariner, Mercury or Tohatsu I believe they are all the same design. Their two strokes were the best available, my small Mariner bought 2nd hand in 2001 is still going strong - much used including 6 years as live aboard . I reckon their 4 stokes might be equally as good. Have heard of lots of people complaining of their Hondas.

westernman

www.devalk.nl
Yamaha 2.5 four stroke.
Even started second pull after not being used for two years with three year old petrol in it. Also had been dunked once completely in the sea previous to that.
(I nearly fell in. I was just gently pulling the cord to turn it over a bit to get the oil circulating again, but to my very great surprise it sprang into life).