HMS Victory refit

cliffordpope

Visit site
I have just read that the Victory is suffering from rot and failure to support her own weight, and is to receive major repairs.

So goodbye, Victory! Prepare for the now obligatory devastating fire, caused by smouldering waste left by sub-contractors igniting accumulated dust. There will be no remote-monitoring smoke alarms, no sprinkers, and no night watchman doing hourly rounds.

But never mind, some of the rigging will have been stored elsewhere, so it will be easy to reconstruct a new Victory theme exhibition, more relevant to visitors' needs in 2016.

fergie_mac66

Visit site
I have just read that the Victory is suffering from rot and failure to support her own weight, and is to receive major repairs.

So goodbye, Victory! Prepare for the now obligatory devastating fire, caused by smouldering waste left by sub-contractors igniting accumulated dust. There will be no remote-monitoring smoke alarms, no sprinkers, and no night watchman doing hourly rounds.

But never mind, some of the rigging will have been stored elsewhere, so it will be easy to reconstruct a new Victory theme exhibition, more relevant to visitors' needs in 2016.

Hmm might be a cover ,They might have to refit for use in today's modern ship-less navy(nearly) , cynic moi nahh.

Woodlouse

Visit site
Luckily the ship still belongs to the Navy so the imbeciles that are destroying the Cutty Sark shouldn't get a look in on this restoration.

Someone said the other day, after all the outrage about decommissioning Ark Royal it would be a very brave government that saw the end of the Victory.

burgundyben

Visit site
I fear its too late already, the masts run right through the bottom of the boat and are set into the concrete of the dry dock....

Its not much more than a mock up.

dt4134

Visit site
Apparently there was a Dr Liam Fox that was seen walking out of B&Q with 50 trollies full of bottles of wood hardner.