HMS Queen Elizabeth

Daydream believer

Visit site
I've had it on good authority (former colleagues in Northwood) that plans are under consideration to offer to sell her to Australia.
Part of the new UK-AUS defence agreement recently signed.
Possible bone of contention is who will pay for the repairs/refit.
I would have thought the Russians would be in the market. After all they have a tug to tow it standing by from their other carrier ;) :rolleyes:

Mark-1

Visit site
Presumably they have a supply of dilithium crystals to engage warp speed. :)
View attachment 174289
MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

The AIS source is Portland so it wasn't *very* far from Portland when that was picked up:
Details for AIS station Portland | AIS MarineTraffic

I think this is just features/bugs with the website, certainly nobody set up a fake AIS signal in the Falklands or today in Portland Harbour. If the best spoofing the RN could do was transmit a false AIS position from the location of the actual ship then we're all a lot safer than we think. (Or less safe depending on how you look at it!)

Bilgediver

Visit site
Must have been very tight then - one of the highest LW heights and crossed well after LW.
They have previously only moved those ships under the bridges on low springs so maybe fully ballasts. Now have to pump it all out go get over the bill and into dry dock as usually dock and unlock on high springs.

I see she is spoofing as RVA Lyme Bay and shares that MMSI with the Lizzie

capnsensible

Visit site
The AIS source is Portland so it wasn't *very* far from Portland when that was picked up:
Details for AIS station Portland | AIS MarineTraffic

I think this is just features/bugs with the website, certainly nobody set up a fake AIS signal in the Falklands or today in Portland Harbour. If the best spoofing the RN could do was transmit a false AIS position from the location of the actual ship then we're all a lot safer than we think. (Or less safe depending on how you look at it!)
RN vessels have often been mis represented on vesselfinder for years. It's nothing new.

Bilgediver

Visit site
RN vessels have often been mis represented on vesselfinder for years. It's nothing new.
During the building period The Lizzie would sometimes pop down to Kuwait for an evening out. Then pop back a day or so later.
On another occasion was seen on Marine Tracking tearing of the Motorway towards Perth

Maybe the spoofing could be better organised

Bouba

Visit site
The reported fire ranges from anything from a minor fire no one hurt..to 100 beds burnt and some crew injured. I suspect that the beds were in storage and got burnt....or they got ruined by the sprinklers

Bouba

Visit site
Is it just me, or can anyone think of any other ship that has had to return to dry dock so often?
The rule of thumb is that it takes three ships to keep one on active duty, so I don’t think it’s excessive and probably can give the hull a scrub while they are at it....you know how boat owners hate to see weed on the bottom

capnsensible

Visit site
The reported fire ranges from anything from a minor fire no one hurt..to 100 beds burnt and some crew injured. I suspect that the beds were in storage and got burnt....or they got ruined by the sprinklers
Air conditioning unit fire apparently. Another few job cards for the Rosyth dockyard mateys.

Daydream believer

Visit site
I cannot recall if the BBC either reported the fire injured 10 crew.or lasted 10 hours
Bearing in mind that one would not expect the crew to be pulling a fast one on the injury front, in the way the public might, then that to me suggests either a serious fire, or poor training, or both.
If it lasted 10 hours then it was still serious..
What would be the situation if hit by a 4 inch shell. Another visit to the repair shop?

Daydream believer

Visit site
No it was booked in ....you know how these ports are...you can’t just show up and expect to be fitted in...
That bodes well for a war then, if Hacket has his boat in in the gantry being antifouled & The QE wants some repairs done.
"Sorry mate I still have to finish scraping off. Friday I have to take the cat to the vet, Then it takes 3 days for the paint to dry" :rolleyes: :unsure:

SaltIre

Visit site
Why does it need to go to dry dock for a repair following a fire?
I think she was at Glen Mallon Jetty prior to entering dry dock and the fire was incidental. Dry dock is generally for underwater stuff like propulsion, antifouling and secret things I'm not allowed to tell you about.
🤐

Edit:
A probe has been launched into a fire that broke out on board HMS Queen Elizabeth while the Royal Navy flagship was making a stop on her way to Rosyth dockyard for repairs.
A spokesperson said the "small, isolated" fire had been quickly brought under control and extinguished while the ship was in Glenmallen.
Probe launched after fire breaks out on board HMS Queen Elizabeth on way to Rosyth
One wonders if the probe that got launched has been successfully recovered...

Last edited:

Bouba

Visit site
That bodes well for a war then, if Hacket has his boat in in the gantry being antifouled & The QE wants some repairs done.
"Sorry mate I still have to finish scraping off. Friday I have to take the cat to the vet, Then it takes 3 days for the paint to dry" :rolleyes: :unsure:
Mind you I have been bumped when a big boat (ie more money) wanted it more than me😖😥😡