Hiring a car in France

Davy_S

Visit site
It was a few years ago, but we booked a car from Tenerife north airport, it was through, - do you do spain, - it turned out to be Gold car, they tried to give me the hard sell for insurance etc, they were wasting their time! the car was ok and they checked it thoroughly when i returned it, it turned out ok, a German family were returning a car and no one was around, i explained to them not to leave the car without getting it checked or they would get screwed! i hope they waited because Gold car have been reported lots of times for finding not existent damage and trying to screw the punter.

westernman

www.devalk.nl
It was a few years ago, but we booked a car from Tenerife north airport, it was through, - do you do spain, - it turned out to be Gold car, they tried to give me the hard sell for insurance etc, they were wasting their time! the car was ok and they checked it thoroughly when i returned it, it turned out ok, a German family were returning a car and no one was around, i explained to them not to leave the car without getting it checked or they would get screwed! i hope they waited because Gold car have been reported lots of times for finding not existent damage and trying to screw the punter.
Video record in detail the car before you take it and after you return it.

Then if they try that on, tell them you will be reporting them for fraud with proof.
If they still try it on, then report them to your credit card provider, contest the withholding of the deposit and provide your videos to your credit card provider.

Gustywinds

Visit site
Want to hire a car in Loctudy, Benodet, that sort of thing, this summer. What is best not to get ripped off? National chains? Any recommendations or tips?

I have used https://www.autoeurope.co.uk/ the past few times. They are an aggregator who gain to get discounts through referrals. They also offer top-up insurance much cheaper than the rental companies. 7 day hire out of Marseille back in April was £250 for a group C. Car was supplied through Hertz. Always, always take a video round the car on pickup including wheels. Always take full to full on fuel and keep receipts