Hidden costs in Spanish marinas?

MarkR

Visit site
Hi,

I am close to buying a boat to be based in a marina on the Costa Blanca which we intend to register in the UK on the SSR. We have a small house in Spain as well and are therefore NIF registered for local taxes.

Other than the marina costs, what additional charges or taxes might we incur - I read recently of the "Valenciano or G5 tax" and wondered if it might apply in this case?

Mark R.

<hr width=100% size=1>

MedMan

teall.name
G5 is a form of Harbour Dues that is payable by pleasure craft. The law allows it to be imposed anywhere in Spain but not all Provinces seem to bother. The one that does is Valenciana: G5 is certainly charged in Denia. The rate is based on a formula but seems to be around €1/day for a 10m boat.

As you have a villa in Spain and are registered for local taxes you may have an additional problem if you keep your boat in Spain. If you remain in Spain for more than 6 months a year you may well have to re-register the boat as a Spanish Vessel; an expensive process. The situation is very complex and is the subject of a very detailed report recently prepared by the Cruising Association. If you are not already a member, you may feel that the membership fee would be worthwhile spending just to get yourself a copy of the report.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.yachtretreat.com>http://www.yachtretreat.com</A>

MarkR

Visit site
MedMan

Thanks for the pointer - I have been looking at joining the CA and I think this tips the balance. I did inquire at the RYA (of which I am a member) but got only sympathy not actual information.

<hr width=100% size=1>

MarkR

Visit site
Nat,

Will tell after I secure the berth - they are at a real premium just now and prying eyes might beat me to it. Where are you berthed?

Marlk

<hr width=100% size=1>

Nat

Visit site
Campoarmor. nice, clean, reasonable rates, Very friendly helpfull English contingent
good security, no pilfering. Water & shorepower inc in fee. exellent shower & toilets fully equiped laundry room, fuel pontoon, several small bars within 5 mins walk, supermarket approx 2 kilometres. good repair yard. run by decent (may I say honest broker) surrounded by beaches.
Respect your reasons for keeping your cards close to your chest good berths are very hard to find.

<hr width=100% size=1>2655 ! You can tell me, I'm a Docter !

jeanne

Visit site
There is a hidden charge in the marinas run by the Junta de Andalucia. You can take a 10 metre boat in, and be told that ' we have no berths free for 10 m. boats, but if you want, you can put your boat in a berth for a 12 or 13 m. boat, by paying the extra 20 to 30%.

<hr width=100% size=1>

smee

Visit site
If you berth in Marina Internacional, Torrevieja, you will get wacked for the G5 without a doubt!

As you can probably tell I find this a nasty little tax as it seems particularly exhorbitant, especially when other Spanish taxes seem to be somewhat more reasonable, and all the more annoying if other provinces don't always bother with it!

<hr width=100% size=1>