Hibernation???

Col

Visit site
I've noticed the subject of winterising boats suddenly cropping up.
When your boats are all nestled up all cosily,what do you good people do to pass the winter hours?

G

Moan about the cost of spares for when we springerize them again.

G

Re: Other talents

Well I was'nt going to mention this because I was keen that the forum should'nt be dazzled by my talents - but now that you've forced it out of me - I play in a band.
Various saxophones - soprano, alto and tenor plus clarinet. We do charity gigs and other sort of fun stuff and play music ranging from soft jazz through rock and roll.

See, none of you knew the talent available on the forum.

Nick

ps as we are all sort Status Quo age, we call ourselves 'The Spring Chickens'

G

Re: Other talents

Would that be from audience comments as in "good fer their age, but they're no Spring Chickens noo are they Doris?"

G

Re: Other talents (PS)

We're available cheap for the MBY/MBM staff do at Xmas!

Acker Robinson

DepSol

Visit site
Don't winterise. Carry on boating right through the year. Boat only comes out of the water 10 days a year for antifoul service etc!!

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Yeah much the same as me. Last winter was abysmal but previously have had some excellent days out. Very little beats going out on a crisp clear winters day with no one else about and then coming back to a lovely roaring pub fire. Certainly helps pass the winter.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Re: Other talents (PS)

They might not want you but I'm sure the BarryD boatwarming bash would be a good place to show off these hitherto hidden talents. Maybe a bit far for you to travel but then jfm is supplying fuel for all and sundry!!!

Scubadoo

Visit site
Used to winterise until I notice those lovely crisp winter days with no wind etc. Now I don't bother with winterise and just enjoy boating all year - at least I can got into any marina for a weekend without fuss.

When the boat is not in use I leave two heaters on to protect the boat, and besides the boat stays warmer in the salt water than on the hard.

Boat comes out in Feb/Mar for antifoul and general maintenance and cleanup.

RM.