Hi

KevinV

Visit site
My knowledge of Kansas is limited to Dorothy and Toto not being there for a while - it doesn't jump out as an obvious place for boating, am I completely wrong?

johnalison

Visit site
According to Google maps there are some quite large puddles around Kansas that look as if they could be boated but otherwise he is in the same position as someone in Coventry coast-wise. However, where there’s a will there’s a way.

William_H

Visit site
I'm mark from Kansas city, am new to the forum and i'm very glad for accepting me........Thanks
Hello Mark I hope you get as much pleasure out of this forum as I have over many years. it seems to be mostly be people with cruising sail boat, based in UK. However I come from 32degrees south in in some ways things are very different and in many ways we have the same problems to solve. I do enjoy putting forward alternative solutions (perhaps crazy) but at least food for thought. We so often see advice like "buy a new one" when being frugal to my mind is part of sailing/ boating.
You have not indicated a preference for sail or power boating. Trailer or moored boat big or small. Perhaps you have not decided. Herin lies the biggest problem. That is to turn a dream into a reality for you that works long term. Too many boats aroumnd here on swing moorings never move. Obviously woner's decision to buy was not right for him. Yet I have had my little sail boat for 43years definitely no regrets. (not a hardened sea dog no beard I get seas sick don't like the open ocean) Perhaps all you can do to really find out is to take the plunge. Messing around in boats can be satisfying or frustrating ol'will