Help reqd for Riviera slavery next week

sgball

Visit site
Don't suppose you could do me a favour and take a small parcel with you for my sister? She's not far from Antibes.
Trudie

<hr width=100% size=1>

ipw

www.weirstreet.co.uk
making copper paint

could you "enhance" antifowling with copper swarf from your freindly engineering shop,would it be absorbed or would the "raw" copper in the paint be enough to discourage the little blighters ?

<hr width=100% size=1>don't eat yellow snow

JohnR

Visit site
This bottom painting lark must be catching - lifted out this afternoon and washed off. I am told the bottom was clean put the rudders and prop shafts were a bit manky. Oh well, let them get on with it and antifoul, I'll go and inspect next weekend. There is always one seacock that gets missed.

Dalmation coast for me this year, where you off to?

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: making copper paint

um, coper swarf would be a bit too rough i think. Perhaps lots of v fine copper grains like what they use for sintering but then you are back to the non-homgeneuous problems, and it's paint, so it'll come off.

<hr width=100% size=1>

penfold

Visit site
What about the anodes? will all that copper not make the zinc fizz like cremola foam? or has 10 years passing corrupted my memory of Higher Chemistry?

cheers,
david

<hr width=100% size=1>OMG, Schrodinger's cat is dead!

penfold

Visit site
'sides, when you're going really fast, the electrons won't be able to jump the gap between the sheeting and the anode, or something. Hmmm. I'll shut up now.

After all, as my dad always says, 'Son, if you're in a hole, the best thing to do first is to stop digging.'

cheers,
david

<hr width=100% size=1>OMG, Schrodinger's cat is dead!