HELP PLEASE!!!! Legless in Stangate Creek

Gin

Visit site
One of our Club members had the misfortune of losing his artificial leg whilst transferring between boats rafted up in Stangate Creek, on Saturday night.

An extensive search was carried out by torchlight, as the limb was seen floating away on the ebb, but without success.

If our member is not soon reunited with his member, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif he is in for a long period of waiting for a replacement, so please let me know if anyone comes across this vital item

Thanks guys and keep your eyes peeled.

CPD

Visit site
Saturday night, legless ......... you can see which way this post is going to go /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MoodySabre

Visit site
It's not funny Alan. We have to be wide eyed whilst he is legless. Bring it on Rod Stewart /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

We never thought to try that one on our MOB drill.

Sorry Gin - I know it ain't funny for the man concerned but .........

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Sorry to be serious for a moment but has the CoastGuard been advised? If a local boater / fisherman or even passer by on the beach found an artificial leg I would think it could cause a bit of a stir.

I hope there were witnesses otherwise I guess the Insurance Company could say he hasn't got a leg to stand on!

Gin

Visit site
A valid point and well received- thank you

I have now reported the loss to Thames CG

Don't know about ' leg to stand on', but the CG think he is probably 'hopping mad'!

Gin

Visit site
Yes, thanks, I've informed the Kent Police, Marine Division and asked them to liaise with Medway VTS.

edit content:- Our chap had already reported it to Medway VTS

Gin

Visit site
When I was asked "What's afoot?"

I answered " 12 inches, as a rule"- they were not impressed /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif