Help needed for Simpson Lawrence S-Lectic 521(?)

CharlesM

Visit site
Hello all

After more than 2 months in a boatyard in the Caribbean (Stay away fronm JMC if you can - they break things) I am almost ready to do a little cruising.

Unfortunately my Simpson Lawrence S-Lectic (I assume model 521 as those are the first 3 digits on the serial no) is non-operational. I have the bible (The boat owners mech and elec manual), but do not know where all the parts on the windlass are. I do not know whether I should open the side panel, or the front panel (opposite side to the switch, or remove the windlass from the deck and access parts from the bottom.

If anyone has any advice please assist. I wanna go sailing and this is holding me back.

Also, optionally, any reccomendations of RELIABLE (ie not on smack or booze - or at least not rendered useless by these products) person in St. Martin that could fix the windlass would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Charles

aknight

yachtarabella.blogspot.com
Have you tried asking these people for advice: SL Spares? They are run by an ex-employee who bought up a lot of the old stock. I couldn't see your particular model mentioned on the website but if you emailed them they could perhaps offer some know how.

CharlesM

Visit site
Thanks for that

I opened it up, and got it working :) Now just need to lubricate - see other post.

Cheers
Charles