Hello

Coasting-along

Visit site
Just saying hello as new to this forum. Looks decent / busy.
I have a 40 y.o. Westerly Conway and sail in the Clyde. I'm interested in discussing sailing generally and caring for old westerlies in particular :)

Cheers

justanothersailboat

Visit site
Hello!

WOA's own forum is a bit off-and-on; some days get several posts, sometimes there are several quiet days in a row. I'm not sure how visibility of stuff there works for nonmembers. However, the proportion of constructive, specific stuff about Westerlys is pretty high. I think a lot of WOA chat is on Facebook, but not sure as I don't have that. I think it is, at the moment, a good place to be a member if you are refurbishing a Westerly but perhaps more limited if you're not.

steveeasy

Visit site
Ahoy there,
Welcome aboard. we like old boats here, nice to see a piccy or two. Concerto of here Is the Westerly Captain. well first mate probably!! The Westery Owners Association is very very active I believe. well not as much as the Contessa 32 Association but it trys its best.

Steveeasy

Concerto

Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I am an active Westerly Fulmar owner on both this forum and on the WOA. If you click on my photo avatar and look at my About Me tab you will find lots of information and videos that will interest you. Currently I am based in Kent, but at the end of the season Concerto will be moved to North Wales. In the future I will be sailing the Western Isles and the Clyde, so we may be able to meet.

I would certainly recommend joining the WOA as it is like a big family of like minded people who all sail older boats. Concerto was built in 1980 and is in close to new condition. If you check out the WOA forum you can see the comments I regulally make to help other Westerly owners.