Heads up.

Poignard

Visit site
As I understand the forum rules, we are not allowed to advertise our own boats for sale (if the asking price exceeds £400), but are we allowed to advertise those belonging to other people?

If the latter. what's to stop another forum subscriber drawing attention to my boat when I come to sell her; either in return for some consideration or out of the kindness of his heart?

Not that I am suggesting for one momemnt that the OP is not as pure as the driven snow, and acting in an entirely disinterested way.

doug748

Visit site
As I understand the forum rules, we are not allowed to advertise our own boats for sale (if the asking price exceeds £400), but are we allowed to advertise those belonging to other people?

If the latter. what's to stop another forum subscriber drawing attention to my boat when I come to sell her; either in return for some consideration or out of the kindness of his heart?

Not that I am suggesting for one momemnt that the OP is not as pure as the driven snow, and acting in an entirely disinterested way.

I agree with your hint, it's a blatant money making ruse. I suspect the fiend is plotting to get his hands on poor Wansworth's disposable. 😐

Poignard

Visit site
I agree with your hint, it's a blatant money making ruse. I suspect the fiend is plotting to get his hands on poor Wansworth's disposable. 😐

I think that would be like getting blood out of a stone!

Frankly, I can't see any objection to having a Boats-for-Sale sub-forum for private sales here. If you or I can advertise our boats in the printed magazines, then why not here?

I wouldn't object to paying for my advert.

Last edited:

Tranona

Visit site
Usual problem of boat in the EU being sold as is. Buyer needs to be careful if s/he wants it for use in the UK to make sure it is still in the ownership of the estate when it clears back into the UK otherwise VAT is payable. Not too difficult to organise if both parties understand the issues and work together.

byanyothername

Visit site
The purchaser will need to take over the marina fees at time of purchase, these are approx 260 Euros per month.

260 Euro a month!? Unused since 2019. That means they've paid nearly two thirds of the boat's value in marina fees, with zero use, since then!

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
I think that would be like getting blood out of a stone!

Frankly, I can't see any objection to having a Boats-for-Sale sub-forum for private sales here. If you or I can advertise our boats in the printed magazines, then why not here?

I wouldn't object to paying for my advert.
That's the way the Dragonfly user forum does it, you pay. €100 for 3 months, but as it’s become the de facto market place, it’s excellent value, and way cheaper than ebay.

NealB

Visit site
That's the way the Dragonfly user forum does it, you pay. €100 for 3 months, but as it’s become the de facto market place, it’s excellent value, and way cheaper than ebay.
Way cheaper than ebay???

A classified ad. on ebay is, £19.99, and runs for 30 days.

I've found it to be a very effective way to sell a boat: I've sold 8 boats that way, over the last two years.

Concerto

Visit site
The Westerly Owners Association web site allows members to list their boat for sale for free for 3 months or a small fee for non members. This includes multiple colour photos and/or links to agents listings.