Having a race within a race

fireball

Visit site
you're right -it's a long race .... I'm not intending on going east of the canaries .... I think it'll be a gybe for me in the next hour ....

WayneS

Visit site
I am trying very had to let the back of the fleet catch me up.

But, if we all stick together then we are never really going to climb the ranks.

I am going radical. Will either smile or slink off into the background. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
Don't worry about radical, I've done that several times. Probably explains why I went from 7th to high 300's! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dipper

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Dipper and I are having a private race (even if he's not totally aware of it)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd better start trying then. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've been down at the club since before dawn helping to crane boats out. It's my turn tomorrow so I hope I'm past the islands soon so I can get some sleep tonight.

fireball

Visit site
Well, I can start a second boat and I'll take that bet ..... it's easy to bet that you'll be last!! Now come on - try harder!! Whitelighter IV is over 400Nm behind you!!

Abestea

Visit site
i am making a good effort at being catchable at the moment.

I was stuck out in the lighter winds and a gybe followed by an 11 hour cross fleet kamikaze has thrown myself wayyyyy down in 348th.

Dipper

Visit site
Fireball, I think Figaro is pinching your supplies off the beach. You'd better turn round and stop him. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fireball

Visit site
Nah - it's ok - not that island ....

Nice one HYC_Trev - up to 3rd place now - looking good!!

I'm going round the west of Tener Reef ... not sure it was the best idea, but I hope not to loose out too much...

fireball

Visit site
The higher they climb, the further they (can) fall .... just look at Brendan!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
doing flippin well!. He's in 2nd now. I'm going to tuckin behind him and just do what he does. Though I'll be hours behind him, so the wind will be differerent, and it won't work will it. Damn. I'll just have to wait for the pm's to tell me what to do next, though I haven't had any for hours, so will have to wing it.
Though I do seem to have made up over 100 places with no pm's to help me. Miserable buggers, I'll have to win on my own instincts, as you're obviously too scared to help me now! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif