Has no one?

G

Has no one bought the latest Navigator from Transas (new version of T99) ? see my
post Tsunamis99/navigator. Only it gets worse.

cneighbour

G

I forgot to say why it gets worse, cos they say Win98 ok, but beware if you have'nt got
version WIN98 Version 2 cos it needs IE5 (win98 version 4.10 only has IE4), It needs this I suppose
for the internet weather interface.

cneighbour

G

Having upgraded my RAM I can of course download IE5 onto desk top then somehow transfer it to Laptop
which is not set up for web.
The point is I should not have too as the requirements were for Win98 no mention of IE5.
Incidently the IE5 is only needed if you want to subscribe to the weather forecasts interfaced with the
Navigator on screen very impressive, BUT its only optional.

I reckon Transas have got together with Bill Gates to increase his hold on the browser market, the
very reason he makes IE sucha prominent part of windows. Anyway I use Netscape.

cneighbour

G

Point is Byron the laptop in question is not set up for web so I need to get hold of a CD with IE5
or go to the trouble of setting up the laptop. I am using my desktop at present.

cneighbour

JohnK

Visit site
The easiest (and free) way to get the latest IE is to pick up a FreeServe CD from Dixons or PCWorld

John

byron

RIP
Visit site
Get any net orientated magazine, I suggest .Inet on the magazine will be a free CD and on that CD there will be the latest issue of I.E.
You will find the later edition vastly superior

ô¿ô

G

Re: Win98SE?

The machine you have WinME on, did it come preinstalled or was it an upgrade.

ME is just a skin(bit more but not much) over 98SE with a few twiddley bits, extra digital format compatability etc.

If the machine has just had a software upgrade go to control panel>add/remove programes>install/uninstall . If it is an upgrade you will see Win ME in software list. If this is uninstalled you will revert back to 98SE.

Unfortunatly if it's an OEM install you wont be able.

If you send me a PM with your address I can get a cd in the post with the bits to upgrade 98 to 98 SE (basically a couple of service packs)

Tim Eades
http://www.btinternet.com/~tim.eades/

G

Re: Win98SE?

Thanks TimE. The one with ME on is a new Dell which came loaded, in fact its got a little sticker on the
front saying "designed for WINME" around a windows logo. I'll wait till Transas sort the software

cneighbour

Other threads that may be of interest