Has anyone done a long term charter in the Med?

slipknot

Visit site
Not a stupid idea at all. I’d love to do it and a long term charter makes sense if it were possible. But you would need to get more experience first. You would enjoy it more if you weren’t scaring yourself all the time. Sailing holidays do beginner friendly flotilla hols in the Ionian which would give you a good first step experience that I’m sure would get you on your way.

Mariia

Visit site
Wow, that's encouraging! Thanks! I will come back to this conversation once I stand firm at the helm! Can't wait for this moment!

marhof

Visit site
Borrowing our boat

Hello

We have thought about this ourselves. We have a fully equipped Moody 42 ketch, ideal for a family and we would be open to offers for the use for a year or so. The boat is currently out of the water at Preveza, so would need re-commissioning before hand over.

There are some problems and l don't know how insurmountable they would be, ie insurance, ownership docs, guarantees etc

Happy to discuss with people to see if it could work. We wouldn't want a fortune for it just resaonable fees for the year, to be discussed.
Hi there - we are looking for a season / long-term option summer 2022 in the Med. Are you still open to discuss such potential optoins? Thanks
Markus

Tranona

Visit site
See post#15. This thread is 10 years old, but the situation is the same. Highly unlikely anybody will hire out a boat for a year for all the reasons mentioned by various posters. Plenty of cheap boats available in the Med to buy ready to go and sell after a year.

nortada

Visit site
See post#15. This thread is 10 years old, but the situation is the same. Highly unlikely anybody will hire out a boat for a year for all the reasons mentioned by various posters. Plenty of cheap boats available in the Med to buy ready to go and sell after a year.

Agree if you buy a boat that was in the EU on 31/12/20, it could simplify your VAT situation. That is ,unless you want to take it back to the U.K.

Tranona

Visit site
Yes, clearly an advantage plus the boat will already be equipped for the Med - and already there . Only real risk is selling it at the end.

ivanmia

Visit site
Wow, that's encouraging! Thanks! I will come back to this conversation once I stand firm at the helm! Can't wait for this moment!
Go for it Mariia, I did a RYA course in Turkey. Absolutely brilliant, fantastic sailing and you learn a lot. It is a holiday but hard work and when you receive your qualification very rewarding.
I too would like to do a long term cruise and would be willing to put some money towards a boat, however we need to get through this covid situation before the dreaming can start.
Ivan

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Go for it Mariia, I did a RYA course in Turkey. Absolutely brilliant, fantastic sailing and you learn a lot. It is a holiday but hard work and when you receive your qualification very rewarding.
I too would like to do a long term cruise and would be willing to put some money towards a boat, however we need to get through this covid situation before the dreaming can start.
Ivan
Mariia joined about 9 months ago, posted 4 times and asked if a boat someone owned 10 years earlier was still available. No posts since then and I doubt they will see your reply.