Harrison Butler Cyclone

murrayeast

Visit site
HI,

I am currently restoring my harrison butler cyclone Kandoo (later possum) built by cox of Portsmouth in 1922-23. She is a proportionally enlarged version (20ft waterline instead of 19). she was origonally built for a A.G.H Macpherson, but apparently so quickly that the plans were never inked in!!! With an impending launch this summer i am trying to find a sail plan for her or one for her smaller sisters which i could proportionally enlarge to suit. That said, i would be very interested for any info regarding her.
Any help would be much appreciated!!

Murray

mickshep

Visit site
Try Peter Gregson at Wooden Ships, I believe he has had a couple of these on his books in the past, He is a really nice helpfull chap, I'm sure he would be able to help or at least put you in touch with a present owner, Regards, Mike,

PeterWillis

Visit site
You could try the Harrison Butler Association, president Joan Jardine-Brown (THB's daughter) 01189 302945, or their website, www.harrisonbutlerassociation.org.
btw AGH Macpherson was pretty famous in his own right, explorer and art collector, his print collection is basis of National Maritime Museum's, he was the second Commodore of Portsmouth Sailing Club (WL Wyllie was the first) and his later boat Driac was well-known

murrayeast

Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I have been speaking to Joan Jardine-Brown, however she has no plans, as the boat was built so quickly. Also she is not at home at the moment, so doesnt have acess to the smaller Cyclone Plans.

Apparently Harrison Butlers Book Cruising Yachts, Design and performance, Fourth Edition has sail plans in, however i only have a first edition!! The pictures are also very small!

Thanks for the info on mcpearson. I didnt know much about him, but will definately do some exploration!

Thanks

Murray

Sequoiah1

Visit site
HI,

I am currently restoring my harrison butler cyclone Kandoo (later possum) built by cox of Portsmouth in 1922-23. She is a proportionally enlarged version (20ft waterline instead of 19). she was origonally built for a A.G.H Macpherson, but apparently so quickly that the plans were never inked in!!! With an impending launch this summer i am trying to find a sail plan for her or one for her smaller sisters which i could proportionally enlarge to suit. That said, i would be very interested for any info regarding her.
Any help would be much appreciated!!

Murray

Why dont you try Ed Burnett Yacht Design as this sort of thing is right up his street. If he has the time and you have the money..........................