Halyard Snagged in the Passive Radar Reflector.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Similar to roaringgirl I run lines between the mast steps outer ends from top to bottom as tight as I can. It certainly helps prevents wraps although as others have pointed out keeping the halyard without slack helps too, I know not always easy to do. I use thin cord about 3mm.
Thanks @dansaskip, just the sort of information I was looking for.

As usual the thread dropped down a rabbit hole of how radar signals work, clearly my ancient degree, that included such stuff, is well out of date and I read that there is a lot of 'processing' that goes on in those black boxes that we now use.

Refueler

Visit site
Thanks @dansaskip, just the sort of information I was looking for.

As usual the thread dropped down a rabbit hole of how radar signals work, clearly my ancient degree, that included such stuff, is well out of date and I read that there is a lot of 'processing' that goes on in those black boxes that we now use.

Sorry to say it - but you opened the can of worms ... with a rather 'optimistic' statement.

ashtead

Visit site
We had the same problem of main around the firdell blipped on our Bavaria -solution was to keep taught using a carabiner type clip attached to stack pack. Normally happened until we learnt better motoring out of harbour and encountering chop/ferry wake etc.