Haines 37

pheran

Visit site
I am trying to answer a query from a friend who touchingly (but quite mistakenly) seems to think I know everything there is to know about motor cruisers. I haven't come across the Haines 37 but from the grainy photo he supplied, it appears to resemble the old Broom 32 river cruiser. Anybody got anymore information that would help to sustain my totally undeserved reputation?

miket

Visit site
Hi Chris.
The current Haines 37 is the semi displacement hulled version of the Atlantic 38 ...... Oh, 37? Is this new or 2nd hand?
The last Sea Mouse was a Haines 38, but Haines do do a new boat around that length which is primarily used as a hire boat.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Essentially the Haines is a Broom hull & superstructure fitted out by them. Personally I find the fit out a bit MFI. I was dreadfully disappointed with Sea Mouse's finish.

pheran

Visit site
Many thanks for the suggestions. I've now managed to track one down on an Irish boat-sales web-site. It is indeed a stretched Broom 32, early 90's, which fits in the the MBM report, and as suggested, this one could be ex-charter. I'm now wrestling with the totally dishonest idea of sending off for a copy of the MBM report and claiming that I just happened to find it in my archives. That should secure my reputation in my friends eyes. Oh shame on me!