Hagle over warenty start date - have you ever ?

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Hi I have been haggling for a few years now , with Outboard resale Engineres over the / any warrenty) that they offer us ; most seem to offer 3 months from purchase date , which is all well and good , but if Outboard bought in mid witnter , with my boat laid up for a few more months , then I discuss either an extended warranty , to allow for proper testing attatched to my boat when afloat (?) at the start of new season , or Dealer keep the Outboard untill my boat is launched then I collect it and my Warrany period starts ; I refuse to complete any Outboard purchase unless dealer agrees to a reasonable latitde over warrenty start date .

Might ask if anybdy else has negotiated similar deals ?

I recently just struck off a sizeable Boat /outboard dealer who refused to accomodate my reasonable wishes at all : claiming that Car Dealers sell Cars with warrenty starting day they took delivery of said car ; My point is that cars are usually driven away from Dealerships , wheras boats and mostly trailered transported away so are being used /tested straight away wheras Boat just might not be tested for 3 to 4 months after delivery /collection .

I fear that our Historical Boating sceen is even worse that I imagined or have experienced , oh well argue onwards I fear , just gota test Dealers / Brokers along my life way , booting away any have their own agendas ?

Tranona

Visit site
You have no right to a warranty in addition to your consumer rights. A warranty is in the £gift" of the dealer and the dealer can set the conditions. The fact that you are not intending to use the product until some date in the future is your decision.

Your legal rights are already time constrained from the date of purchase, irrespective of whether or when you start using the product so why should an "extra" provided as part of your contract for purchase be any different? Good for you if you have persuaded a seller to delay the start of the warranty to a time of your choosing - they must have been desperate for the sale to enter into that sort of deal. I am sure that those you have "struck off" for not agreeing won't be losing any sleep over it. what you may think as reasonable is obviously not seen in the same way by the seller.