Guadiana

Sandyman

Visit site
OK, I'll take the bait!
3 years ago, big flood. Went off pontoon to anchor. Current about 6 knots. Fell in (sober) Ffro dinghy--survived. 3 neglected boats on moorings that had not been checked for years (in one case 12 years) broke loose . None sank.
At a later date, no flood , a Longbow dragged an inadequate mooring (owner gone to UK) and sank after hitting rocks near the bank.
Beleza sank after dragging because of neglect by the person whom Barry had left her in charge of .
Nothing to do withn the Guadiana---all these cases could have happened anywhere.
If you are living aboard ,you will be on the anchor, not on some dodgy mooring that some chancer has cobbled up!
Once you know thw river, you know where it's safe to anchor, in good holding. Now bugger off Sandyman, GHA and Graham and leave me in peace!!;)
AND the GUADIANA Accidental Unsynchronised Swimming Club has a very select membership---- there are less than a dozen of us! All survived.

You're supposed to be at sea.

nortada

Visit site
OK, I'll take the bait!
3 years ago, big flood. Went off pontoon to anchor. Current about 6 knots. Fell in (sober) Ffro dinghy--survived. 3 neglected boats on moorings that had not been checked for years (in one case 12 years) broke loose . None sank.
At a later date, no flood , a Longbow dragged an inadequate mooring (owner gone to UK) and sank after hitting rocks near the bank.
Beleza sank after dragging because of neglect by the person whom Barry had left her in charge of .
Nothing to do withn the Guadiana---all these cases could have happened anywhere.
If you are living aboard ,you will be on the anchor, not on some dodgy mooring that some chancer has cobbled up!
Once you know thw river, you know where it's safe to anchor, in good holding. Now bugger off Sandyman, GHA and Graham and leave me in peace!!;)
AND the GUADIANA Accidental Unsynchronised Swimming Club has a very select membership---- there are less than a dozen of us! All survived.

GAUSC +1 visiting member - water was bloody freezing!

RAI

Visit site
Good to hear from Ludd of the Canaries (ex Guadiana) again.

Plenty of "rocks flew over the harbour wall" stories down there.

Flica

Visit site
Considering wintering up the Guadiana this year. Does anyone have any idea what the fouling is like?

Freshwater above Alcoutim - the barrages up river have controlled the floods.
So no fouling, if you're high up enough.
Re galvanic corrosion - this is where RTZ started life so lots of possible mineral contaminants from the old tailings.
Pomerao was great - but very remote!!!