Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

jordanbasset

Visit site
Re: Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA - Fines on DEKPA

Hi N
we in Tunisia heading back to Malta in the morning hope C and you are well .
anyway going back to the matter in hand , there no doubt with what Chris as said , if we return we will just throw away our old DEKPA and buy new.

Very wise I think Vic
Hopefully we'll meet up in Greece

vasant

Visit site

hi
it seems time has come and on the 16/11/2018 the tax has been put into operation.
Nevertheless i still cant see the website where to pay it....

Davy_S

Visit site
Last edited:

Chris_Robb

Visit site

hi
it seems time has come and on the 16/11/2018 the tax has been put into operation.
Nevertheless i still cant see the website where to pay it....

Vacant. It would be useful to know your source.

I will ring the ministry tomorrow to check.

vasant

Visit site

hi
the decision is published here https://www.aade.gr/sites/default/files/2018-11/pol1210_2018_fek.pdf
however according to intructions you have to fill a form for which you get a code to pay the tax. The tool where to fill the form cannot be found so far....

The Register came the same time and i got confused my self. But its a difefrent story. The register doesnt apply YET for private vessels with non greek flag.

Chris_Robb

Visit site

hi
the decision is published here https://www.aade.gr/sites/default/files/2018-11/pol1210_2018_fek.pdf
however according to intructions you have to fill a form for which you get a code to pay the tax. The tool where to fill the form cannot be found so far....

The Register came the same time and i got confused my self. But its a difefrent story. The register doesnt apply YET for private vessels with non greek flag.
This register has been in use for a good 6 months or more. The provision ONLY apply to Greek flags and all charter boats of all flags.

It does not apply to Private.
I will still call the ministry for an update but there is no reason here to believe the tax is here yet.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
The Cruising Tax is now LAW and has been implemented since Friday 16th November

[FONT=&quot]I have just come off the phone with the Shipping Ministry.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The new tax was implemented as from Friday the 16th November. I am awaiting the details, which I will then need to get translated.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Some may be aware that a new computerised registration system was in use for Greek Flagged vessels, and other flags charter boats. This system is being expanded to include all other flagged yachts. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The tax and the method of collection is under the control of the Finance ministry, so I will need to get more details from there, and the collection process is under the Port Police.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I understand the rates are as we have previously published.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As soon as we have more detail, I will let you know.

Thanks you to Vasant for alerting us! even though the Article in the newspaper stated incorrently it was only for Professional vessels!

Don't panic.................[/FONT]

Crisby

Visit site
Re: The Cruising Tax is now LAW and has been implemented since Friday 16th November

Well, that’s just typical! We’ve just bought a 12.5m boat and put her on the SSR as 12.5m even though I did briefly think about 11.95, too bloody honest again! When will I ever learn?!

Been thinking about joining the CA so now seems a good time.......

Chris

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Re: The Cruising Tax is now LAW and has been implemented since Friday 16th November

Good job we had a season in Greece this year , time to visit some of the places we not been too for some years , south of France and SE Spain I guess .
Shame really .

Crisby

Visit site

Doesn’t 90 days only become a thing after December 2020? Depending on how it all pays out obviously....

Chris_Robb

Visit site

I now have the details of the tax, but the file in PDf is too large to attached here. The main issue is that the tax is payable by any vessel in Greek Waters on the 26th November - there does not appear to be be any transitional arrangements......(sounds familiar!)

The key issues will be
Greek Cruising Tax - TEPAH
Summary of main Issues.

The law on this was launched on 16th of November 2018. It requires payment of the new Tax within 10 days of the announcement date; that is the 26th November 2018.
The Tax will be paid by login on to the www.aade.gr web site and registering under the TAXISnet – the Greek Tax system. This is a Greek website in Greek. However, Google provides a sufficient translation to enable you to enter your details.
BUT
You will need first to register. I have tried this but it insists on having a VAT registration number, which of course I don’t have.
The following are the major issue noted so far relating to this tax

1. That vessel owners will have to pay from the 26th of November 2018 even though they are not using the boat, ie they will have to pay at least up till MAY when they start sailing and then monthly from there. There does not appear to be an annual discount.
  2. That the vessel owner will have to pay the whole of the Month of November even though it is the 26th of the month. (Minor issue)
  3. That the vessel owner is in England or elsewhere in the world without any means of registering or paying.
  4. That the vessel owner will only - as the law allows - want to pay for the months when he/she will be sailing the yacht in Greek Waters.
  5. That the owner/user of the vessel has had no chance to put the vessel OUT OF USE as is required so as to avoid paying the tax.
  6. That the Website for Payment www.aade.gr is in Greek and we are not tax payers in Greece, and do not speak or read Greek.
  7. I have tried to register - but I cannot as it requires that I enter a VAT number. I got no further. - I am not a business and am not conducting any business so have no need of a VAT number.
  8. What is the method of payment - Credit card? or what other method that a UK Citizen who does not have a Greek bank account will be able to simply make a payment.
  9. We have requested in the past that the payments should run from 30 days from the date of entry. There are many reasons that this would be a sensible policy to follow.
  10. Manual Payment of Tax. We note that there is a provision for the Manual payment of tax when the owner has been unable to register on line. This is via the Port Police. However this is not much use to us if we are not in Greece

The Law as it is written provides for the impounding of yachts and the imposition of significant fines.

We have emailed the Ministry of Finance to get answers.

Oh dear - time to panic

sailaboutvic

Visit site

Ok Chris , maybe I had one drink too much , but got no clue what's going on . Other then the tax is now in and has to be paid from 26 Nov .
Thank god I not still in Greece .