Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

macd

Visit site
Sorry to learn of that cock-up, OB. The Tepai Q&A I linked to earlier doesn't mention refunds for circumstances such as yours, but it does briefly describe a refund process:
"you may apply with any Port, Tax, or Customs Authority for a refund of that amount (provided a TIN already exists or is issued in case it does not). "
(If you search the Q&A for "refund", you'll get hits to three different scenarios which include this.)

Given that the error is self-evidently yours, I'd suggest that it's incumbent on you to fix it. A pain in the butt, I know.
Good luck, and all the best for 2020.

OldBawley

Visit site
Indeed I plan to visit the tax office in Poros as soon as it is open. Which could take some time. I don´t want a refund, I just want them to change the Tepai number.

So mad at myself for that cock-up, if I had any hair I would pull it out.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I made a very expensive and foolish mistake.

I had received the two documents from Tepai, then proceeded to pay via e banking.

I did as Chris Rob suggested, I copy and pasted the 20 digit number on the payment form.

Have done it every month in the past, all went well.

Not this time. I had some older Tepai documents open on the laptop and must have copied the number of some older Tepai tax.

Money gone.

I saw my mistake after seconds, contacted my bank and their answer was “Not our fault, nothing we can do. “

Be warned.

I will not pay a second time, after all I paid to the Greek Tepai system for a year, rather go to jail than paying twice.
Don't worry, the system shouldn't find a home for the money and will be rejected and will wing it's way back to you. I say shouldn't but who knows how they coded the system.

It could take anything from 2 days to 2 weeks for the money to arrive.

As for paying again, the system should just treat it as an ordinary payment and with the right info it should just be accepted..

Tell us what happens

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Don't worry, the system shouldn't find a home for the money and will be rejected and will wing it's way back to you. I say shouldn't but who knows how they coded the system.

It could take anything from 2 days to 2 weeks for the money to arrive.

As for paying again, the system should just treat it as an ordinary payment and with the right info it should just be accepted..

Tell us what happens
I understand that the money stays in that account until the computer has parsed all the receipts, and anything left over is automatically rejected.... mine took 3 weeks but it was lost on the first day of operation. Others have said it only took a day or 3 to come back

OldBawley

Visit site
I could not believe my eyes ; the money I sent to Aade but used a wrong (old ) remittance number is already back at my account.

So now I can pay to the good 20 didgit number.

Altough, I think I wait until after the storm we are riding out just now. Who knows what could happen.

Thanks to Chris Robb and macd.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I could not believe my eyes ; the money I sent to Aade but used a wrong (old ) remittance number is already back at my account.

So now I can pay to the good 20 didgit number.

Altough, I think I wait until after the storm we are riding out just now. Who knows what could happen.

Thanks to Chris Robb and macd.
OB glad to hear that, and it confirms my operational understanding, thank goodness

OldBawley

Visit site
Two pics of the documents they sent me. The colourless ??? and the blue coloured Eparvollo.

One has 25 digits, one has 20. I used the 20 for my payment today.

Attachments

• eparvolo 2020.JPG
    eparvolo 2020.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Jaar 2020.JPG
    Jaar 2020.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 12

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Two pics of the documents they sent me. The colourless ??? and the blue coloured Eparvollo.

One has 25 digits, one has 20. I used the 20 for my payment today.
You may have noticed that the 25 digit number is the same for the 1st 20 digits before the last 5, - 27000.

So I think you are right in doing the 1st 20 digits. Last year I never received any email after filing, I had to print it myself and used the plain one in landscape and not the e-pavarolo.

So it seems, as we asked, that they are emailing the filed application, which is good as that gives people the unpaid receipt.

Assuming therefore that your payment is accepted as I think it will be, I am hoping that you may receive another email saying that you have paid with the updated application print.
Can you confirm to me either way.

Others were going to use the full 25 digits think that the system has changed! So we are all waiting on your answer.

OldBawley

Visit site
Recent development.

This morning ( 02 Jan 2020 ) I paid again via e banking. This time I used the correct 20 didgit eparvollo number from the application I made on 28 Decem. 2019. Paid for one year.

Some hours later the money came back.

So the system does not work over newyear or one has to use the 25 didgit.

Problem is , with all that money comming to my bank account i start to feel rich. Must not be frivol and spend on booze.

Seems I will have t go and pay in town.

Last edited:

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Recent development.

This morning ( 02 Jan 2020 ) I paid again via e banking. This time I used the correct 20 didgit eparvollo number from the application I made on 28 Decem. 2019. Paid for one year.

Some hours later the money came back.

So the system does not work over newyear or one has to use the 25 didgit.

Problem is , with all that money comming to my bank account i start to feel rich. Must not be frivol and spend on booze.

Seems I will have t go and pay in town.
It would seem that you should pay in town..... the post office is good.

It may be that they want the 25 digits, or the systems screwed up (unlikely ) or that the last 5 digits are to do with the discount..... who knows!

I will chase the Greeks.... again.

OldBawley

Visit site
After a week of strong winds (Up to 11 BF) I made a brand new application, this time I paid via e banking with the 25 digit number. Worked fine this time, no money came back.

Tepai tax paid.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
After a week of strong winds (Up to 11 BF) I made a brand new application, this time I paid via e banking with the 25 digit number. Worked fine this time, no money came back.

Tepai tax paid.
Hi OB, Glad you have done that OK.
I have noticed that my 2019 application now has and extra 5 digits. It is actually just the amount you paid in cents.
Can you confirm that you used the full 25 digits? I am in contact daily with the Greeks, but no answer yet. Its pathetic.