Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Re: Tepai entry instructions

Lets go back to basics.
1. Enter your email address - some people at the start used several different ones and could not remember which one they had used!
2. Enter your password - I dont understand how it can be self generating - you must have chosen it when originally setting up.

3. enter your passport number - people regularly put application number here...

Have a go - and if still problems give me a call
Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=1030552#J0pIRivk0ZuWBwmL.9

I have done that , however, I get a message .This account is now blocked.

Chris_Robb

Visit site

Lets go back to basics.
1. Enter your email address - some people at the start used several different ones and could not remember which one they had used!
2. Enter your password - I dont understand how it can be self generating - you must have chosen it when originally setting up.

3. enter your passport number - people regularly put application number here...

Have a go - and if still problems give me a call
Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=1030552#J0pIRivk0ZuWBwmL.9

I have done that , however, I get a message .This account is now blocked.

From the aade site
Note!If the "Frequently Asked Questions" section does not mention the issue you are interested in or the suggested handling does not fully address the issue you are experiencing, we advise you to call +30 213 162 1000 from Monday to Friday. from 07:30 to 17:00 , in which you communicate with a service representative by selecting any category of the recorded message. Not had any feed back from anyone who has used this site - so if you do can you let me know results! is it in Greek etc!

Others have had this message and seem to be able to get in again - try tomorrow, there may be an autoblocker if more than 3 errors are made login in. These usually reset after a period of time.

Otherwise, you go to your local Port Police and ask them to do it as your account is inaccessible. - by law they are the last resort and must do it for you if unable to do it yourself.
Good luck

Mr Cassandra

Visit site

From the aade site
[FONT=&]Note![/FONT][FONT=&]If the "Frequently Asked Questions" section does not mention the issue you are interested in or the suggested handling does not fully address the issue you are experiencing, we advise you to call +30 213 162 1000 from Monday to Friday. from 07:30 to 17:00 , in which you communicate with a service representative by selecting any category of the recorded message. Not had any feed back from anyone who has used this site - so if you do can you let me know results! is it in Greek etc!

Others have had this message and seem to be able to get in again - try tomorrow, there may be an autoblocker if more than 3 errors are made login in. These usually reset after a period of time.

Otherwise, you go to your local Port Police and ask them to do it as your account is inaccessible. - by law they are the last resort and must do it for you if unable to do it yourself.
Good luck[/FONT]
Hello, Yes I have been to the PP , they said come back next week as they have a colleague that takes money somethings . What a wonderful country.

sailaboutvic

Visit site

Bob I feel sorry for you but just so you know your not the only one , we have many friends and friends of friends who have and still having problems , some have just given up and taking there chances some have left before their luck run out , I have refer many to Chris break down what to do here , some been luck others not ,
I have no doubt the saga will carry on where it left off next year .

Mr Cassandra

Visit site

I tried again this morning ,"This account blocked " is the message.
So I have gone to PP and showed them and managed to pay a extra month with them ,unfortunately it took an hour .

Last edited:

vasant

Visit site

Hi Chris, can I just confirm if the boat is on the hard you do not need a Tepai or to tell the Port Police it is out of the water - cheers

That means in practise : as long as you are confident you be controlled on the water , no need to pay anything. Just when upating DEKPA have a fresh paid TEPAI to appear serious....

btw pdfzorro.com is a good pdf editor ;-)

houldsworth

Visit site

Well, I am at a loss of what to do now!
I paid through TransferWise using 20 digit reference
followed Chris's instructions below to check and print receipt:

" Status changes to Paid in Greek. And a date of receipt shows up
Method 2. This is YOUR PROOF OF PAYMENT TO CARRY ON BOARD
Log on, scroll right to the 3 buttons –Edit (Blue) Print (light Blue) or Delete (red)
Click on Print and a pdf file will be displayed/downloaded. "

Logged in again several days later
I can't find 3 coloured buttons or Print button to click!!!
I may be missing something somewhere!!!

Charles
Little Gem - Gouvia

Chris_Robb

Visit site

Well, I am at a loss of what to do now!
I paid through TransferWise using 20 digit reference
followed Chris's instructions below to check and print receipt:

" Status changes to Paid in Greek. And a date of receipt shows up
Method 2. This is YOUR PROOF OF PAYMENT TO CARRY ON BOARD
Log on, scroll right to the 3 buttons –Edit (Blue) Print (light Blue) or Delete (red)
Click on Print and a pdf file will be displayed/downloaded. "

Logged in again several days later
I can't find 3 coloured buttons or Print button to click!!!
I may be missing something somewhere!!!

Charles
Little Gem - Gouvia

Charles - log in and you will see a summary of application... or just the application you made if you did not add additional ones. So either select which one you want to print.
see below the screen print of the page - its off the page to the right so scrol right and you should see it.
aade screen print.png

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Went again to the Port Police to pay as I am still blocked out on the tax site .I offered to pay six months tax , the refused and said I could only pay for two ,November and December.I then needed to come back on the 31st Dec to pay for next year.
I also phoned the 2131621000 number but that is in Greek I did manage to get through but the person could not do anything without my Greek tax number, which I don't have.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Went again to the Port Police to pay as I am still blocked out on the tax site .I offered to pay six months tax , the refused and said I could only pay for two ,November and December.I then needed to come back on the 31st Dec to pay for next year.
I also phoned the 2131621000 number but that is in Greek I did manage to get through but the person could not do anything without my Greek tax number, which I don't have.
Thats not much help then! I have been trying to find out if that was the case, so thanks for the info.

Hopefully over winter we can go through all these wrinkles and get answers.

Pasarell

Visit site
I keep my boat in Lefkas marina and live aboard most of the time. Tax paid until the end of October but had to come back to the UK for a month this week so went to hand in my papers earlier this week. They didn't want to know. Reminded me I couldn't go out sailing until the tax is paid again and then told me to go away - very politely.
Neighbours in the marina went in to do the same earlier in October and the police kept their registration documents but I think they now realise the scale of what they will get into with live aboards.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I keep my boat in Lefkas marina and live aboard most of the time. Tax paid until the end of October but had to come back to the UK for a month this week so went to hand in my papers earlier this week. They didn't want to know. Reminded me I couldn't go out sailing until the tax is paid again and then told me to go away - very politely.
Neighbours in the marina went in to do the same earlier in October and the police kept their registration documents but I think they now realise the scale of what they will get into with live aboards.

That's what others in the CA are reporting. Very sensible of local pp. But is this policy official now? Hopefully the personal won't change between now and next year.:cool:

houldsworth

Visit site
Chris,
Thank you for your continued assistance, we would all be lost without your helpful advice.
Hopefully the process will become easier after your instructions to Athens in how to run their Tax systems.
I finally used Transferwise and can recommend the service, quick, cheap and easy.
Charles

macd

Visit site

OldBawley

Visit site
I am pretty sure last year the 20 % was for small ships less than 12 m also. Must have changed.

Up to now I paid per month. So each month an application and payment ware made. Each month little changes are made in the stuff you have to apply. Someone is still working on the thing.

I had the intention to apply for “ traditional ship “ since our boat sure is a traditional ship. Up to now I could not find how a registration for that could be obtained. I have some Greek friends boat owners and all said to let it go, the exemption to pay the tax is not for non Greeks.

OldBawley

Visit site
No it won´t, Belgian flag, Dutch passport, Flemish culture. German wife, Lebanese cat. Bawley, the boat, that is British. Haven't seen all of those countreys in 20 years.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I am pretty sure last year the 20 % was for small ships less than 12 m also. Must have changed.

Up to now I paid per month. So each month an application and payment ware made. Each month little changes are made in the stuff you have to apply. Someone is still working on the thing.

I had the intention to apply for “ traditional ship “ since our boat sure is a traditional ship. Up to now I could not find how a registration for that could be obtained. I have some Greek friends boat owners and all said to let it go, the exemption to pay the tax is not for non Greeks.
It is only 10% for under 12 meters.. this has not changed. Above 12 meters it is 10% plus 20%.

Glad to see that the system is working.

When you pay, make sure to give NO OTHER INFORMATION OTHER THAN THE 20 DIGITS, leave the box marked additional info empty as this gets concatenated into the number field causing the payment to fail.

Have a good 2020

OldBawley

Visit site
I made a very expensive and foolish mistake.

I had received the two documents from Tepai, then proceeded to pay via e banking.

I did as Chris Rob suggested, I copy and pasted the 20 digit number on the payment form.

Have done it every month in the past, all went well.

Not this time. I had some older Tepai documents open on the laptop and must have copied the number of some older Tepai tax.

Money gone.

I saw my mistake after seconds, contacted my bank and their answer was “Not our fault, nothing we can do. “

Be warned.

I will not pay a second time, after all I paid to the Greek Tepai system for a year, rather go to jail than paying twice.