Greece some thing thats free and you won't need to que for

sailaboutvic

Visit site
First it was the new DEKPA , then came the tax , now there the killer deadly mosquitoes virus to worry about .
Greece is definitely given people a run for their money .
Only thing about the mosquitoes virus is you won't have to que up or spend hours on the net to get it .
Fingers cross no one gets it .

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world...over-16535750#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare

U.K. Gov ...
There were a number of cases of West Nile virus in Greece in 2018. You should consider preventative measures to minimise exposure to mosquitoes, for example using mosquito repellent when outdoors and closing doors or windows or using screens

Last edited:

alexsailor

Visit site
Ok Vic, you said goodbye to Greece and I respect your decision. But leave it behind and leave us, who want to struggle with TEPAI, crowded bays etc... to enjoy Greece. Replying in every thread won’t change anything. It will just keep you sad an bitter.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Ok Vic, you said goodbye to Greece and I respect your decision. But leave it behind and leave us, who want to struggle with TEPAI, crowded bays etc... to enjoy Greece. Replying in every thread won’t change anything. It will just keep you sad an bitter.

Oh dear Alex some one got out of bed the wrong way ,
I was just bring it to people notice , so they can be a where of it ,
but hey I won't bother any more if it get your back up .
Sad and bitter I not , enjoying a lovely summer some where where there wind to sail and anchorages that's almost empty . Plus it's FREE .

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Edit my opening posting .
Dear friends the Uk government have given a warning to be a where of mosquitoes that are carrying the West Nile virus which can kill ,
Advise is to cover up and keep windows close .
Hope no one is offenders by me posting this .

Tony Cross

Visit site
A quick and dirty web search revealed that in 2018 316 people were infected in Greece and 50 people died. Also, and according to the CDC most infected persons exhibit no symptoms, about 20% develop a fever, and about 1 in 150 people develops a serious illness which may be fatal.

It's wise to be aware of the risk of West Nile Virus, but don't go into headless chicken mode.....

sailaboutvic

Visit site
A quick and dirty web search revealed that in 2018 316 people were infected in Greece and 50 people died. Also, and according to the CDC most infected persons exhibit no symptoms, about 20% develop a fever, and about 1 in 150 people develops a serious illness which may be fatal.

It's wise to be aware of the risk of West Nile Virus, but don't go into headless chicken mode.....
Thanks for pointing that out Tony and yes no need to go into headless chicken mode ,
I felt it well worth being it to people attention as many of our friends especially the females do a rough thing time with mossy .
Shame as I tried to bring a bit of lighthearted to the subject so people don't go into panic mode ,
Some seen to think I was taken the P .

Visit site
Dengue fever via tiger mosquitoes is now a thing a Spain, there were 4 cases in Murcia last I checked when in Cartagena. Thankfully not heard of any West Nile virus cases.

I hate mosquitoes though, so have covers over every hatch and the door stays closed. I'm always surprised to see monohull owners with their companion way completely open even at night. Can't be fun trying to sleep with mosquitoes buzzing around your ear.

Tony Cross

Visit site
Thanks for pointing that out Tony and yes no need to go into headless chicken mode ,
I felt it well worth being it to people attention as many of our friends especially the females do a rough thing time with mossy .
Shame as I tried to bring a bit of lighthearted to the subject so people don't go into panic mode ,
Some seen to think I was taken the P .

The Greeks are working to treat open water areas against mosquito infestation and certainly on Crete there have been official notices to citizens warning against leaving water in buckets, cans, and even plant pots. West Nile is a small risk but the Greeks aren't sitting idly by with their fingers crossed. :)

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Dengue fever via tiger mosquitoes is now a thing a Spain, there were 4 cases in Murcia last I checked when in Cartagena. Thankfully not heard of any West Nile virus cases.

I hate mosquitoes though, so have covers over every hatch and the door stays closed. I'm always surprised to see monohull owners with their companion way completely open even at night. Can't be fun trying to sleep with mosquitoes buzzing around your ear.
I sure you already know what I am about to say , sleeping in 30+ in a plastic box isn't Any fun , I not sure what worst the heat and not being able to sleep or mossy bites .
We couldn't lock ourself in .
All three hatches in our bunk have mossy nets , there four door before you enter our berth on one side you have the head door then our berth door on the other men single berth door then our berth door , each have a mossy net , and still the bloody things get in .
We did have a net over our bed but after the episode of the anchor alarm going off one night when it lost its GPS and me bundling out of bed at some god hour nearly knocking myself out as I fell through three lots of net whacking my head on the cooker followed by a voice saying mind the nets , I decided enough was enough.
Ok you can all now stop bloody laughing .