Greece harbour fees your turn to contribute

sailaboutvic

Visit site
contribute what you been charged for harbour fees in Greece , NO hear say , no posting who said what , just the name of the harbour and charges for mooring if there power and water and the charge for their use .
I make a start .
Nisiros no charge for mooring 5 euros for water and 5 for power per day .
IOS no mooring fees power and water need to buy a card , charge u known
Kea mooring 7 euros first night 5 the second night , water and power wasn't working when we was there
Kythnos Loutra 6 euro night
Syros Foinika 6 euro night
Naxos 15 euro night including water and power
Astipalali. Mooring free water and power 5 euro each per night
Tilos lavadia mooring 11.50 plus 5 euro each for water and power .
These are all 2015 prices for 12 mts yacht .
More to come when we retain to Greece .
Over to you guys .

Tony Cross

Visit site
Vic, as you'll have seen on the Simi thread, now that the Demos is responsible for the collection of port fees there are two possible scenarios. One is that the Demos manages the port themselves, in this case they are supposed to stick to the standard fee rates for mooring (see http://www.theca.org.uk/news/greektax#PortFees). The other is that the Demos leases the management of the port to a third party, in this case it's classified as a marina and the licensee can charge whatever they like for mooring. Clearly each Demos has to decide whether it will make more money from managing the port themselves or from leasing the management. If it's leased then the licensee will charge what he thinks the market will stand.

Note that, in both cases above, there are no rules on what charges can be made for additional facilities, so you can expect to have to pay extra for water and electricity, lazy-lines, marineros, toilets, showers, etc. etc. and there are no restrictions or rules on what can be charged for these facilities. This means that the final price you end up paying can (and probably will) vary wildly across Greece.

grumpygit

Visit site
Vic, as you'll have seen on the Simi thread, now that the Demos is responsible for the collection of port fees there are two possible scenarios. One is that the Demos manages the port themselves, in this case they are supposed to stick to the standard fee rates for mooring (see http://www.theca.org.uk/news/greektax#PortFees). The other is that the Demos leases the management of the port to a third party, in this case it's classified as a marina and the licensee can charge whatever they like for mooring. Clearly each Demos has to decide whether it will make more money from managing the port themselves or from leasing the management. If it's leased then the licensee will charge what he thinks the market will stand.

Note that, in both cases above, there are no rules on what charges can be made for additional facilities, so you can expect to have to pay extra for water and electricity, lazy-lines, marineros, toilets, showers, etc. etc. and there are no restrictions or rules on what can be charged for these facilities. This means that the final price you end up paying can (and probably will) vary wildly across Greece.

I see by the CA link you attached the there is a 25% for along side berthing. Pity they don't include a beam calculation also and make it all a little fairer. It bugs me a tad that I am probably using the same water area as a Cat but at least less than half the space.

I have noticed the price pm for us has gone from up from €0.33 to €0.47 but at the moment I have not had a port of entry fee charged as we used to get. Is this the norm now?

Tony Cross

Visit site
I see by the CA link you attached the there is a 25% for along side berthing. Pity they don't include a beam calculation also and make it all a little fairer. It bugs me a tad that I am probably using the same water area as a Cat but at least less than half the space.

I have noticed the price pm for us has gone from up from €0.33 to €0.47 but at the moment I have not had a port of entry fee charged as we used to get. Is this the norm now?

Yes, there is no longer a port entry fee.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Not sure where you are going with this, Vic. One thing is for certain, all of your fees are a lot cheaper than UK, France and Spain and a helluva lot cheaper than Italy. Our costs this year have been zero, (other than our annual fee at Leros) although we have not yet berthed in many harbours.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Not sure where you are going with this, Vic. One thing is for certain, all of your fees are a lot cheaper than UK, France and Spain and a helluva lot cheaper than Italy. Our costs this year have been zero, (other than our annual fee at Leros) although we have not yet berthed in many harbours.

It not going very far :) .
It would had just been interested if people listed what they have been charge so at less other would have some idea what each harbour would cost them .
How of the harbour I listed we only ended up useing two that where charging and that's mainly because we was too tired to be bothered to leave .
I have to say , all the coment made some year back about the tax and it be a good thing once we don't have to have our D stamp and the PP our out of the picture is back firing , so now Instead of having to go now and then and get your stamp and pay a fee cents small fishing harbour and town walls are bein turned in to mini Marina and charging what they like .
Hopefully by e time we return to Greece later in the years most of the boats will have return to their winter Marina and it won't be worth these guys while to collect just one boat fees . Other wise we just do has we always done , and ancor out .

TonyMS

www.montgomery-smith.org
Well, the Ionian is certainly cheap this year:

Preveza alongside, 6 inc water and electric
Zakinthos, asked for 20, accepted 8
Gaios (early May), Vonitsa, Lefkas, Kastro, Fiskardo, Frikes, Sami, Poros, Argostoli, Ag Nikolaos, Mesolongi (weekend), Navpactos free, inc water in Sami, Argostoli, Mesolongi.

Tony

Last edited:

grumpygit

Visit site
Up till now. Aigina, Epidavros, Kea and Syros . . . all €0.47 pm + 23% vat or €1700/365 + 23% depending on how they work it out.
This is the standard rate, not sure on lower length, probably 14.01m but for up to 15m and shouldn't be any more on a town key. Nothing has been included in the berth fees as yet so water and electric extra at various rates.

Tony Cross

Visit site
Up till now. Aigina, Epidavros, Kea and Syros . . . all €0.47 pm + 23% vat or €1700/365 + 23% depending on how they work it out.
This is the standard rate, not sure on lower length, probably 14.01m but for up to 15m and shouldn't be any more on a town key. Nothing has been included in the berth fees as yet so water and electric extra at various rates.

Normal stuff then. :)

charles_reed

Visit site
I'd agree with Vyv that Greek port fees are lower than you'd expect anywhere else in Europe.

In Peramos and Limenas, Thassos I've offered to pay and told that "dues not yet being collected".
I did contribute €5 to get electricity from the FV point in Limenas and water was free from the same source.
However none of the Gigieffe points are working (as I understand it last year's unpaid electric bill has led to the whole system being deprived of power).
It all depends on whether the demos has got round to setting up a collections system, either direct or by sub-contract.
The law of supply and demand will, no doubt, be effective, with places in the Ionian like Fiskardo charging at rates comparable to the rest of Europe whilst in the Aegean, away from islands people won't bother.
Symi, apparently, is going to charge @ €1/metre/day.

Max K

N/A
Visit site
June 1st seems to be a pivotal date.

Here in Vathi, Meganissi, local opinions are divided. Generally the older generation take the view that it would drive visitors to the marina depriving village tavernas and shops of income but the younger take the view "get as much out of the rich visitors as you can". They have tried a few schemes for charging for water and electricity here. All have failed down to lack of enthusiasm. Currently neither is available.

Max.

?

Tony Cross

Visit site
June 1st seems to be a pivotal date.

Here in Vathi, Meganissi, local opinions are divided. Generally the older generation take the view that it would drive visitors to the marina depriving village tavernas and shops of income but the younger take the view "get as much out of the rich visitors as you can". They have tried a few schemes for charging for water and electricity here. All have failed down to lack of enthusiasm. Currently neither is available.

Max.

?

I know Yanis Andriotis, the owner of the marina there, quite well. When he took it on the local tavernas had already tried to carve up "their" bit of the marina quay and when Yanis threw them (and the local fishermen) out it naturally created a lot of animosity, it doesn't help that Yanis is from Athens either. So I suspect that the taverna owners views are distorted a bit by jealously and annoyance that somebody else is running the marina and not them.

Max K

N/A
Visit site
I know Yanis Andriotis, the owner of the marina there, quite well. When he took it on the local tavernas had already tried to carve up "their" bit of the marina quay and when Yanis threw them (and the local fishermen) out it naturally created a lot of animosity, it doesn't help that Yanis is from Athens either. So I suspect that the taverna owners views are distorted a bit by jealously and annoyance that somebody else is running the marina and not them.

He certainly isn't popular with many of the locals, some of whom have been my friends since 1978

We are looking forward to a wedding between the elder son of a Vathi (Katomeri) family and a midlands girl who's own family lives only 26miles from us in the UK, very soon.

Max.

Tony Cross

Visit site
He certainly isn't popular with many of the locals, some of whom have been my friends since 1978

We are looking forward to a wedding between the elder son of a Vathi (Katomeri) family and a midlands girl who's own family lives only 26miles from us in the UK, very soon.

Max.

I don't know whether you've been to a Greek wedding before but I'd advise goggles, that rice stings when it hits!

telford_mike

Visit site

Oh dear, I've just booked a berth there for next weekend (won't be arriving until 8pm-ish so no chance of getting on the town quay). Hope I'll still be able to get dinner!

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Just paid €11.30 for two nights at Kalymnos, 10.6 metres. Cheaper than the old PP rate with the huge benefit that the marinero, who is the same one who has been there for many years, took our DEKPA away, brought it back and charged us the fee. This saved a long walk to the PP office and the usual hassle once we got there.

miyagimoon

www.facebook.com
Poros just spent 3 days on the floating pontoon free of charge. The lady who normally comes round to collect the payments never appeared. Friends were on the South Quay last week and were charged 0.47/m. Water & Elec I believe was 3 Euro each.