Gosport Boatyard

doris

Visit site
In this modern day and age it is marvellous to actually find someone, either company or individual, who has a genuine ‘can do’ approach to the services they provide. I have just had the nightmare job of removing an old, rusted tiller arm off a rudder stock, that was only accessible by crawling into the transom, successfully carried out. An angle grinder and a lot of sweat! Couldn’t do the job myself, too old and infirm, and numerous people declined or made excuses. You know the comments; my insurance doesn’t cover hot works, not free for at least two or three weeks, I’ll get back to you etc. Gosport Boatyard was brilliant! She was only supposed to be there for a lift, weigh and stern gland but they found time to squeeze in an extra four hour pig of a job and cleaned up properly afterwards. Cracking service and lots of credit definitely due!

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

It may be they have changed, but I have a very different experience. After they fitted an additional fuel filter the engine kept dying after around 10 minutes. They looked at it but could not find a problem. Eventually I traced this to a fuel pipe they replaced where the jubilee clip was tightened but not onto the spigot on the engine fuel pump - hence air getting in. GBY denied it could possibly have been them and were very off-hand. A couple of other little things as well over the years where they deny any wrong-doing.

<hr width=100% size=1>

derekgillard

Visit site
I rang them twice last week to get a quotation for fittng a new engine to my boat.

Am still waiting for them to call me back.

They will not be getting the job.

Del Buoy

<hr width=100% size=1>