Golfe de Morbihan

Erico

Visit site
We are cruising South Brittany this year. I shall need to leave Aliz Motte (Rival 34) in Golfe de Morbihan or nearby for about 8 weeks. Can anyone recommend a boatyard or marina. Price is a factor and it would help if they spoke English as my French is weak.

Many thanks.

Eric

<hr width=100% size=1>

[2574]

Visit site
Best spot would be up the River Villaine - not far from Morbihan. Go above the sea lock to La Roche Bernard, or even better another 7km to Folleux where there is a small marina. No tides, freshwater river, excellent price.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jerryat

Visit site
Hi Erico!

I would leave a boat at Vannes at the 'top' of the Morbihan. I left mine there a few years ago and it was well looked after by the staff, even when they had to move it when a boat with engine problems needed the berth for access reasons. They re-fendered and secured the boat and even washed it down! The price was very good too. Rail connections etc are excellent, as is the city itself. Finally, we were surprised at the cost which was very reasonable indeed for a totally secure marina in any conditions. Highly recommended.

Good sailing!

<hr width=100% size=1>

drawp

Eric,
If you are planning to leave the boat anywhere in South Brittany during July and August, it might be difficult to find a space and also expensive. Have you considered having the boat lifted out at somehwere like Port Arzal on the Villane River. It might be a cheaper option.

Happy cruising.

<hr width=100% size=1>

graham42

Visit site
hi,
you could try the english boat shop on the d101, vannes to auray road.
its on the right going towards le bono before the champion supermarket.
the moorings off bois bas/pen mern and i think, number 64?
the owner is english!
it cost me 30 eruos a month last year, if its free
graham gingell

<hr width=100% size=1>