Global Solo end....s in sight.

Wansworth

Visit site

dunedin

Visit site
Big in the USA.

The winner arrived in surfing conditions!
Yes the winner chose to press on into a lee shore in very stormy weather - apparently using the only sail still working, a staysail, having already broken the genoa and then the main boom. And the local rescue services went out to guide into harbour due to waves obscuring vision.

capnsensible

Visit site
Yes the winner chose to press on into a lee shore in very stormy weather - apparently using the only sail still working, a staysail, having already broken the genoa and then the main boom. And the local rescue services went out to guide into harbour due to waves obscuring vision.
When you've done the Southern Ocean....:D

A very competent and confident guy. Well done.

Mark-1

Visit site

I haven't checked the exact wind direction but looking at the chart it's 1.5NM wide and sheltered once you're round the corner. I reckon pretty safe to surf in there.
It's the only part of the race I envy her for, that's for sure. The rest of it seems bloody miserable to me.

capnsensible

Visit site
I haven't checked the exact wind direction but looking at the chart it's 1.5NM wide and sheltered once you're round the corner. I reckon pretty safe to surf in there.
It's the only part of the race I envy her for, that's for sure. The rest of it seems bloody miserable to me.
Yeah it's a couple of miles wide. Have been in there a few times, twice with big Atlantic waves. Its challenging but not ridiculous. Slip in behind big breakwater, tie up at the yacht club for tea and stickies.