Geography

H4B

Visit site
Hi chaps

Not been this way before. Where exactly does the East coast end /begin . I am in Rye so am I in or out.?

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Rye might be South Coast but it is a 'proper port' where you have to get the tide right and so on so think he ought to be allowed in as lond as he wipes his feet first!

Is't it a Cinque port too? At last count I think I got to about 12 which has always confused me! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Age is having an affect on my grey matter. I have now realised that I must declare an interest here.

H4B knew one of my older brothers when they were at BRNC back in the (late) 70's. I therefore suggest, if he is anything like my brother we mark him with a black spot and avoid! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
Don't think we have any membership criteria, other than insisting on all being fun types and remotely Easterly /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Good to hear from another one, welcome in

Sixpence

Visit site
You would be surprised at exactly who does read this forum. I know for a fact that a former member of YBW from New Zealand, reads the East coast forum, and nowhere else on YBW. He's just shy, so keeps quiet /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi John /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

alldownwind

Visit site
'East Coast Pilot' covers Lowestoft to Ramsgate, which is pretty much what's usually accepted as the yachtsman's east coast. Some folk north of Lowestoft and on round to the Wash feel left out sometimes though?