Generator shredding impellors

sarabande

Visit site
When you started the genny, did I see bubbles in the bowl ? That might mean a restriction at the outer end of the intake, and an air leak under suction from one of the connections or O ring. If air, then water failing to to lubricate the vanes ?

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
When you started the genny, did I see bubbles in the bowl ? That might mean a restriction at the outer end of the intake, and an air leak under suction from one of the connections or O ring. If air, then water failing to to lubricate the vanes ?
The water coming up the inlet is clear of bubbles. It froths a bit as it fills the strainer. It’s been running for the last hour and this is what it looks like now:

IMG_6008.jpeg

Generator still running. It’s already got weed in the strainer!

The joys of anchoring in the St Martin lagoon.

IMG_6009.jpeg

It is 30 C with a light breeze though.

geem

Visit site
The water coming up the inlet is clear of bubbles. It froths a bit as it fills the strainer. It’s been running for the last hour and this is what it looks like now:

View attachment 175700

Generator still running. It’s already got weed in the strainer!

The joys of anchoring in the St Martin lagoon.

View attachment 175701

It is 30 C with a light breeze though.
Hope you got good antifouling. Worse barnacles ever after anchoring there for a week😬

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
Exactly. Just held in place with a 5mm screw in his case.

The cam was whizzing around with the impeller.................................
Ok understood and cam wizzing round wouldn’t help one little bit.

Not the case with mine. It’s firmly in place I’m pleased to report.

I’m also pleased to report that since clearing the blockage on the inlet the generator has run for a couple of hours without problems. I’m also pleased that the new impeller fitted a few days ago survived as they’re nearly £40 each here.