GEL COAT REPAIR

MIKEV

Visit site
I have done a search on the forum relating to the above subject but can find nothing specific and as it is not practical to suspend heffners jumbo matress or truck tyres from my boat how does one go about repairing minor scratches to a smooth finish in a matching colour?(white).

<hr width=100% size=1>

HWINO

N/A
Visit site
You can either buy gel coat repair , available from most chandlers although its normally to white for most boats.
There is a company called Blue Gee ,I think it's called, by Poole bridge where they can supply a gel coat repair kit in different colours. You may have to buy a couple of colours and mix them to get right match. I used this to do minor repairs on both a previous princess and a sealine.
Hope this helps

<hr width=100% size=1>

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Matching colour is a major problem. Contact Sealine and they will probably let you have some gel coat. You also need the catayst which they won't mail but you can pick up from the factory.
It's just lots of skill after that....

<hr width=100% size=1>

BrendanS

Visit site
This is the best thread on the subject in my memory

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ybw.com/cgi-bin/forums/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=mby&Number=248744&part=1>click here</A>

Colour matching is tricky, as said, best to ask the manufacturer

<hr width=100% size=1>For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three

itsonlymoney

Visit site
Other guys are right colour matching is very difficult could end up looking worse than the damage ! If however you get it right it is a doddle to get a good finish.

Ian

<hr width=100% size=1>I'd rather have a bad day boatin, than a good day workin ! ! !