Gas in the Med

differentroads

blog.offbeatsadventures.com
I arrived on the Costa del Sol with 7kg calor gas bottles. Two last me five months or so.
This fellow from Marbella refills them. He does pick ups in the harbours around Marbella. Gas bottle refill
I've not found yet anyone else in the Western Med doing refills on non-local bottles.
Calor gas is ubiquitous so I carry a couple of 907s. They last a month each. Convenient to lug around though looking for swaps.
The local gas in Spain is either Repsol or Cepsa. I'm going to get an adaptor and modify my gas lockers to fit Repsol 6kg bottles. Much more convenient than persisting with my calor bottles. Also much cheaper as the government subsidises home gas in lager bottles. 17€ to exchange a repsol 7kg bottle compared to 30€ that I paid to get a calor bottle refilled.

differentroads

blog.offbeatsadventures.com
I arrived on the Costa del Sol with 7kg calor gas bottles. Two last me five months or so.
This fellow from Marbella refills them. He does pick ups in the harbours around Marbella. Gas bottle refill
I've not found yet anyone else in the Western Med doing refills on non-local bottles.
Calor gas is ubiquitous so I carry a couple of 907s. They last a month each. Convenient to lug around though looking for swaps.
The local gas in Spain is either Repsol or Cepsa. I'm going to get an adaptor and modify my gas lockers to fit Repsol 6kg bottles. Much more convenient than persisting with my calor bottles. Also much cheaper as the government subsidises home gas in lager bottles. 17€ to exchange a repsol 7kg bottle compared to 30€ that I paid to get a calor bottle refilled.
Camping Gaz is ubiquitous,, not Calor ☺️

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Greece is probably the cheapest place to get gas although it's unlikely you get a full bottle and more likely it be some rusty one and it won't be camping gas colour unless your lucky so get them refilled once you leave Greece can be a problem , we manage to now have 5 new camping gas bottles but only by paint and stick camping gas stickers then paying €25 , which is better then paying €65 for a new bottles for a refill in Italy but at less now we have safe bottles .
Malta you can get your own bottles filled for around €12 and in sicIly the local gas refill depot will refill for about € 6 in Ragusa other wise it camping gaz exchange for €25
Croatia you can also get refilled at gas depot but I found the bottles have to be in date or they won't do it .
Tunisia it works out around € 3 for a refill but again don't expect a full bottle , its normally done in some one garden .
We most likely be heading west this year for a change so we carrying 5 bottles and hoping we can keep going until we find some where cheap to refill out new bottles .

Beneteau381

Visit site
Be careful about swapping genuine Camping Gaz bottles in Spain, In La Linea the chandlery sold me swops for my genuine 907s, when I got back to the boat I noticed that although they were painted blue and identicsl in size, they were stamped Repsol! No good anywhere else! I took them back!

Beneteau381

Visit site
Greece is probably the cheapest place to get gas although it's unlikely you get a full bottle and more likely it be some rusty one and it won't be camping gas colour unless your lucky so get them refilled once you leave Greece can be a problem , we manage to now have 5 new camping gas bottles but only by paint and stick camping gas stickers then paying €25 , which is better then paying €65 for a new bottles for a refill in Italy but at less now we have safe bottles .
Malta you can get your own bottles filled for around €12 and in sicIly the local gas refill depot will refill for about € 6 in Ragusa other wise it camping gaz exchange for €25
Croatia you can also get refilled at gas depot but I found the bottles have to be in date or they won't do it .
Tunisia it works out around € 3 for a refill but again don't expect a full bottle , its normally done in some one garden .
We most likely be heading west this year for a change so we carrying 5 bottles and hoping we can keep going until we find some where cheap to refill out new bottles .
Albufeira, the chandlery charges $21 but the hardware shop about two miles away charges $16 for 907s