Garmin 725e

DeeGee

Visit site
Since I had this otherwise excellent h/h vhf, I have had to send it back to Garmin three times (last time on Monday this week). The problem I have had repeatedly is with the rubbery keys, in particular, the 16 key. It either goes inoperative, or will not do the tri-watch switch.

Garmin are very good about it, returning a replacement each time, often with all the other gizmos: battery charger, manual, etc. But I am getting fed up with all the hassle of returning it. They say that it is a very rare problem, but I am wondering if it happens all the time.

Any 725e owners out there? Please confirm that it is just me, and there is not an intrinsic problem with these radios?

<hr width=100% size=1>Black Sugar - the sweetest of all

bedouin

Visit site
I've had mine a couple of years now - and no problems at all (apart from the fact I have temporarily misplaced the charger and the battery is flat)

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

I've had my 725e for abour 3 years. The only problem I've encountered was a sticky transmit button (PTT). It got stuck in after the radio was stored in a place where another object kept the transmit button pressed over night. When the radio was switched on it went straight into transmit which was embarrassing since it was last selected to Ch16 and when next powered up it transmitted on that channel. Needless to say it was very quickly turned off. After fiddling with the button it became unstuck and has since performed faultlessly. I am now carefull about its location both when powered up and when stowed to prevent anything from pressing the transmit button accidently.

<hr width=100% size=1>An Ron Beag