Galileo Costs

philip_stevens

www.celticwebdesign.net
In the March edition of the Merchant Navy Telegraph, that I have just received, there is an article on the cost of the Galileo satellite navigation system.

I quote, (and hope I do not upset Nautilusint.org),

"Europe's Galileo satellite navigation system is now expected to cost nearly €2bn more than expected, the European Commission has revealed. The system - which is due to be 100% operational by 2020 - will now cost an estimated €5.3bn."

Last edited:

Grumpybear

Visit site
In the March edition of the Merchant Navy Telegraph, that I have just received, there is an article on the cost of the Galileo satellite navigation system.

I quote, (and hope I do not upset Nautilusint.org),

"Europe's Galileo satellite navigation system is now expected to cost nearly €2bn more than expected, the European Commission has revealed. The system - which is due to be 100% operational by 2020 - will now cost at estimated €5.3bn."

now there's a surprise. European collaborative engineering project overspent and delayed. who would ever have thought it. with nine years still to go, today's figures will prove to be absurdly optimistic. and that assumes that the thing will actually work.

still there is an upside - road pricing won't be happening any time soon.