Galadriels future

Pinnacle

Visit site
We sold our boat last Autumn. It was a bit of a wrench, but we have moved on. If you are not using her much, then I think its an easier decision.

Wandering Star

Visit site
For medical reasons I gave up sailing last year and sold my boat. It's like a drug though and I miss it to the point I'm regularly scanning the usual places for a replacement even though common sense has so far prevailed.

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Thank you all for your words of support and offers of sailing opportunities. The sad thing is a good many boats sit languishing in marinas and boat yards waiting for their owners to have the time to use them. Over the years I spent a lot of money on Galadriel and she needs to be used. Down sizing is not the answer, it wont give me more time. We have sailed up and down the south coast and across to France and the Channel Isles, so we have good memories. We have sailed to the Isles of Scilly, something many try many times to accomplish.

This is not the end of sailing, its the end of boat ownership.

Angele

Visit site
I think that is a very positive way of looking at it. You are now free to sail on friends boats and or charter in areas you have not sailed before. A whole world of opportunities has just opened up for you - good luck

+1

There are many places I would love to sail - the Med for starters - but I suspect I never will as long so I am a boat owner, since the economics of chartering elsewhere when you have your own boat just don't make sense. So, make the most of this freedom. :encouragement:

dunedin

Visit site
Unless the reasons or medical etc, selling a boat is not necessarily the end of anything --- it can just be a pause.

Many/ most of us who sailed intensively as kids / teenagers tend to take a pause during intensive periods of career building and family growing. And there can be many other reasons for such a pause.

But by thinking of this as a pause then mentally can leave the door open to buying another boat if circumstances and preferences change - which they often do (in many directions)

Other threads that may be of interest