Galadriels future

Sans Bateau

Visit site
After much very careful thought fuelled by diminishing use, it has been decided that, sadly, Galadriel will be sold.

With so much going on in our lives the use we are getting from our boat is becoming less and less. We have hung on for 3 years kidding ourselves that 'next season will be different', but no its not. We simply cannot afford to keep a boat which is only used for a couple of weekend a year, I need the money elsewhere. Besides there is always the danger that if we are not enjoying it, the maintenance would slip, that is not good.

Colvic Watson

Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Will you you replace with something much smaller? Something you can just pop down to and be sailing in 10 minutes and back an hour or two later? Plus all the dreaming pleasure that owning a boat gives.

Sans Bateau

Visit site
To be fair it only takes 10mins to get under way with Galadriel, its getting to Galadriel which is the problem, so no we wont replace her. Making the decision has been tough, saying good bye will be worse.

yoda

Visit site
Sailing enjoyment and boat ownership can be mutually exclusive. Many people need good crew and without having to devote time to maintenance you will have more for sailing! Please don't feel you have to leave the forum as well.

Good Luck with the sale.

Yoda

rwoofer

Visit site
After much very careful thought fuelled by diminishing use, it has been decided that, sadly, Galadriel will be sold.

With so much going on in our lives the use we are getting from our boat is becoming less and less. We have hung on for 3 years kidding ourselves that 'next season will be different', but no its not. We simply cannot afford to keep a boat which is only used for a couple of weekend a year, I need the money elsewhere. Besides there is always the danger that if we are not enjoying it, the maintenance would slip, that is not good.

Sorry to hear that. I made a similar decision about 5 years ago and rather ironically I seem to be boating now more than ever. The difference is that I have a fleet of smaller craft, powered by sail, motor and paddle with some just 5 mins from home. I also tend to have different groups of people I do it with, divided between family, friends and club members.

TiggerToo

Visit site
sorry to hear that... a difficult choice that most of us will have to face at some point, probably...

jac

Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Don't lose all touch with the life though. Use the time & get something small you can sail on a local pond, join local inland sailing associations to talk boats with like minded people, charter for a couple of weeks each year somewhere warm and mud free.

Who knows how things might pan out longer term and you might come back refeshed

Sailfree

Visit site
In St Cast last week there was a big MoBo called Galadriel! Though you had gone over to the dark side. Stay in touch and I am sure someone can give you a berth for the scuttlebutt Cherbourg trip!

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Don't lose all touch with the life though. Use the time & get something small you can sail on a local pond, join local inland sailing associations to talk boats with like minded people, charter for a couple of weeks each year somewhere warm and mud free.

Who knows how things might pan out longer term and you might come back refeshed

Nice thought Jac, but we are nearer the sea than any pond! Where we live everywhere is north of us.

dom

Visit site
In St Cast last week there was a big MoBo called Galadriel! Though you had gone over to the dark side. Stay in touch and I am sure someone can give you a berth for the scuttlebutt Cherbourg trip!

I'd be delighted to be taxi if you like, need the ubiquitous dodgy sound track mind!

Elessar

Visit site

:(

someone is going to get a wonderful boat. If you still have those dark glasses so you don't get recognised you would always be welcome on Evenstar :)

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Can understand packing up because of illness or having to look after someone but why stop doing the things you love ?

Can't you just scale things down to what you can afford ? A Leisure 17 on a half tide mooring would still be fun.

We all deserve time for ourselves so we can work and play better. It's an investment more valuable than money.