Fuel Price In Gibraltar

RobbieW

Visit site
About £1.05/l, Ceuta is slightly cheaper at around €1.15/l. If you can find a supply, Morocco should be best at just under 60p/l but Smir had no stock as of a month ago, worth a call to check current situation.

Dig

Visit site
Thanks for your reply ,i was wondering Is that a tax free price as we would be only passing through Gib,also if we go to Morocco is the in and out papers expensive ?

capnsensible

Visit site
Hiya.

There are no charges for entering or leaving Morocco. Tangier has recently been full and turning away visitors, big new marina planned.

Last week Smir diesel dock was blocked off by a dredger. For latest info, phone +212 39977. The girls in the office speak good English.

There is no transit rate...I just rang Cepsa! Today price £1.013. Rate for over 500l, 0.913.

The old Shell and BP docks have changed. 2 companies, Gib Oil and Cepsa (Spanish) are now the bunker people.

For latest, Cepsa 00350200 60686, Gib Oil, 00350 200 03400

Hope this helps,

CS

capnsensible

Visit site
Thanks for info,do you know of a good marina at Gib?

Hiya

There are 2. Queensway is in the harbour, access limited to office hours only.

Marina Bay beside the runway, my preference especially for a short stay.

http://marinabay.gi/

Best to book ahead, gets very busy with transit yachts.

If Gib is full, just over the border is the new Alcaidesa marina in La Linea.

CS

tarik

Visit site
La Linea Marina prices ?

Does anybody in Gib know the fees charged across the border for daily mooring in June/July for 9 m yacht.

As ever many thanks for all replies

David.

jff

Visit site
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have, and perhaps people familiar with GiB can help.

If I enter Gib, just to refuel and leave again, do I need to report to customs and do the whole paperwork thing?, and thus should do do the same when reentering Spain.

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
Provided you go to the fuel dock beside the runway and Ocean Village you do not need to clear in. Just do not go to one of the two marina's. When you enter Spain afterwards give your last port of staying as the last port. The Spanish customs and Guardia Civil have a very efficient tracking system via the form everybody has to complete on their arrival at a marina in Spain.

I was in Smir a short time ago and the dredger was not on the fuel dock. They use the dredger a lot because of silting so the availability of fuel can vary from day to day. Ceuta always has fuel and its close to Smir.

Michael

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Fuel price update. 73p a litre this week, got a discount down to 60p a litre. Hurrah.

I'll be dropping in to buy around 200 litres. How did you get the discount, buying a lot or business discount? I arrived in La Linea with all reserve cans empty and not a lot in the tank. I transferred last 20 litres from cans when anchored off Barbate, so good planning (though more likely just luck :D).

Last edited:

capnsensible

Visit site
When I filled a couple of weeks ago, the discount was for over 100l so you will be in, but last Monday I only got 50l but discount applied. CEPSA dock, no reason given but we are regular customers.

There is no red diesel, that's a UK thing.

One of Gibs major revenue streams involves bunkering. Sometimes up to 30 ships a day visit Gib for duty free bunkers, so Sybarite, the answer is a very definite yes!

Bunkering is also carried out on the Spanish side of the Bay and across in Ceuta. 'Dodge the Tanker' is the local yachtsmans challenge!

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Filled up at Cespa this morning and was charged 58p (GB £) a litre for 82 litres - cost £48 by card (its a little more in Euro)

Asked at Go Marine (I think that was the name), next to CEPSA and was told that it was 60p for anything more than 100 litres. Next discount point seemed to be 6,000 litres, don't think I'll manage that. This was late pm, today so it looks as if the price is just bouncing around the 60p mark for purchases over 100 litres.

lfabio

Visit site
Bringing this back up!

We'll be in Gibraltar at the end of the month and I was wondering what the fuel prices are like.

I found a website from CEPSA that advertises 60p for diesel and 73p for petrol, however this has not changed in the past two months, so I wonder if it is current.

Site: http://www.cepsagibyachtfuels.com/home.php

I also assume this is in Pound Sterling. The price... doesn't seem great.