Fuel Price In Gibraltar

capnsensible

Visit site
16th April, CEPSA dock. I paid 43p per litre. Not sure on prices in Ceuta but likely to be there next week and will ask. Don't imagine it will be cheaper than Gib though.

Biggest pain now is butane. 907 bottle refills not available in Gib and Ceuta marina stopped selling them last month.

Anyone needs cooking gas, do gimme a shout, can point you to a couple of places.

lfabio

Visit site
Thank you everyone.

43p per litre is very reasonable, I assume there's a minimum quantity as you mentioned before but that shouldn't be a problem (sigh).

Cooking gas may be an issue - doubly so because my boat carries US propane bottles and there was no time to get an adapter. Long story. Any pointers will be welcome.

I'll open another thread along the lines of 'what restaurant for a crew who survived the Atlantic crossing'? :D

capnsensible

Visit site
2 choices on Propane.

Go to La Linea marina and taxi to gas station in town.

Go to Estepona, ring Dirk on 616 969 496 who will collect and refill your bottle.

Getting cooking gas in this area is becoming very difficult. Have no idea why, it used to be simple!

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
2 choices on Propane.

Go to La Linea marina and taxi to gas station in town.

Go to Estepona, ring Dirk on 616 969 496 who will collect and refill your bottle.

Getting cooking gas in this area is becoming very difficult. Have no idea why, it used to be simple!

Hi there Captain,

Had the same problem but if you walk into La Linea there is a 'gas shop' on the left just before you get to Ave de Espana... its next door to a cafe. No longer camping gaz but now in a yellow bottle which exactly the same as a camping gaz bottle

They also have all the spares for camping gaz (+ of course domestic bottles) and the 'bottles' are properly sealed and full!

Michaelo

capnsensible

Visit site
Hi there Captain,

Had the same problem but if you walk into La Linea there is a 'gas shop' on the left just before you get to Ave de Espana... its next door to a cafe. No longer camping gaz but now in a yellow bottle which exactly the same as a camping gaz bottle

They also have all the spares for camping gaz (+ of course domestic bottles) and the 'bottles' are properly sealed and full!

Michaelo

Is that the place in Edificio Panorama next door to the (slightly notorious) Panorama Bar? If so, Dirk has a ting going there to exchange Butane. Getting bigger propane filled is the snag.

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
Is that the place in Edificio Panorama next door to the (slightly notorious) Panorama Bar? If so, Dirk has a ting going there to exchange Butane. Getting bigger propane filled is the snag.

Its in Espana with a bar called 'La Casita' on the corner and its almost next door to a movistar office.. It's a 'depot' for gas - office... Proper place not a 'filled in the backyard' operation. The bottles all come with brand new paint (yellow) on them which makes a change!!!

capnsensible

Visit site
That's a top tip, thanks. The shame is that now its a walk with a bottle rather than exchange on a fuel dock. Noticed this all over South Spain. Longest trek so far was in Chipiona. Seemed like a 5 day camel hike.......

lfabio

Visit site
One question which is less stupid than it sounds is: what do they fill the bottles with? Camping Gaz original is not the same as the LPG mixture that you get in most places and in different countries the LPG mixture is different yet - butane and propane percentages vary and it does make some difference.

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
One question which is less stupid than it sounds is: what do they fill the bottles with? Camping Gaz original is not the same as the LPG mixture that you get in most places and in different countries the LPG mixture is different yet - butane and propane percentages vary and it does make some difference.

Camping Gaz website states that their fill is Butane only.

lfabio

Visit site
Thank you - we actually didn't have time to go for propane and our experience in Gibraltar was... well, interesting in many ways. Gibtel in particular is straight out of Ionesco: the wifi service is for tourists so they don't sell it at the store in town but to buy the pass online you need a credit card with a Gibraltar billing address - and their own paywall blocks Paypal so you can't use that to pay. A telephone call to a very nice lady confirmed that this was so and she didn't find the combination in any way objectionable. I didn't know what to reply to that.

They did however sell us diesel at the CEPSA dock, at 43.6p/lt (no discount even though we took just shy of 700 litres - I was in a hurry to free up the quay for an incoming megayacht and didn't ask specifically) and they did allow us to fill US jerry cans (the yellow certified ones) as long as we did it on the boat, not on the concrete dock.

SteveSarabande

Visit site
I paid 32p per litre yesterday in gib. Got into Queensway marina, there is loads of space here. Wifi is a pain though, but at £26. Per night for 17m I cant really complain