Fraudulent Insurance Be Careful

Hadenough

Visit site
You might, specially if you were voyaging. I did for a couple of years, fully aware of Northern Reef/Edward Williams reputation. For the price - a fraction of any reputable company, no survey required, and very little restriction on destination or type of use - you get an authentic looking document which can be waved at those marinas, and those countries, which insist on yacht insurance.

Perhaps too, at the back of my mind, was that if they were so tricky with their own customers, they would serve equally to mire any third-party claim against me.[/

Or perhaps more pertinent, a third party claim against you!

adri_cubs

Visit site
I did this for two years 2003-2004 then gave up as it seemed pointless. Was planning an Atlantic circuit 2-up on a 40 year old 27-footer, so no-one would insure us anyway.

Since then I have been happy with 3rd Party with year-round stay-afloat for all European waters. Paperwork for officialdom, makes me more careful, more philosophical and avoids survey costs. No liftout deadlines, either, and valid in the Canaries and the Azores.

Not sure how Mr. Williams is still getting away with this.

- W

With which company did you get that? I am looking for 3rd party in Azores and I struggle to find it :)

Paddy Fields

Visit site
Perhaps too, at the back of my mind, was that if they were so tricky with their own customers, they would serve equally to mire any third-party claim against me.

Well, the 3rd party claim would be against you. A dodgy insurance company would just put their hands in the air, and let the claimant get stuck directly into you.

An insurance company is only ever going to fight your corner if they have an interest in minimising your damages (which they would subsequently have to cover). Does not sound like these guys.

Last edited: