Frangoland

capnsensible

Visit site
I love Lagos but it was always more expensive than Portimao in the past. Have they reduced their prices or did your boat shrink a bit on the sail over?

Oops, that was 38 without vat. 47 with. However now in Albuferia, 35 with RYA discount.

Earlier stops in Barbatte and Mazagon, both 27 euros.

Going to try Olhao tomorrow but reports not very favourable.

Visit site
Oops, that was 38 without vat. 47 with. However now in Albuferia, 35 with RYA discount.

Earlier stops in Barbatte and Mazagon, both 27 euros.

Going to try Olhao tomorrow but reports not very favourable.

THERE IS NO MARINA in Olhao. The pleasure boat harbour has no visitor facilities. There are boats anchored nearby and dozens farther out in the Ria Formosa.

30boat

N/A
Visit site
THERE IS NO MARINA in Olhao. The pleasure boat harbour has no visitor facilities. There are boats anchored nearby and dozens farther out in the Ria Formosa.

Stay in Culatra for free and get a water taxy if you want to visit the town.They cost about 25 Euros per trip but you can usually share it with other passengers.I'll be in Culatra over the weekend by the way.

capnsensible

Visit site

We went in and tied up at it.......

However, we were ushered out as the only spaces available on the inside of the wave break had been booked.

Went and anchored off Culatra. Went to Ayamonte yesterday. Cadiz now.

Out of interest, does anyone use the channel East side of the island to leave the lagoon? Only saw one fishing boat heading out that way, no yachts. Not in the pilot I had so discretion won the day.

Ta.

30boat

N/A
Visit site

However, we were ushered out as the only spaces available on the inside of the wave break had been booked.

Out of interest, does anyone use the channel East side of the island to leave the lagoon? Only saw one fishing boat heading out that way, no yachts. Not in the pilot I had so discretion won the day.

Ta.

You can use the channel but it's treacherous and the sands shift a lot. A friend of mine used to go through there on his twin keel Fulmar. I won't risk it .I prefer my boat with the keel in the water not sand.

capnsensible

Visit site
You can use the channel but it's treacherous and the sands shift a lot. A friend of mine used to go through there on his twin keel Fulmar. I won't risk it .I prefer my boat with the keel in the water not sand.

Thanks, did wonder why it was unmarked. Flew out the other side at nearly seven knots over ground, wind against tide producing a fascinating swirly bit!

Visit site

Ta.
As I have said several times before the harbour (not marina) isn't open to the public and all the berths are fully booked and paid for.
The channel between Culatra and Armona known as "The Barra Grande" used to be the main one before they opened the "Barra Nova" and is navigable at high water and calm weather - I came in that way last Sunday and the fishing boats use it every day but it can be very dangerous , A fishing boat foundered a few months ago and a chap died.