Forum Calendar & Other Useful Links

microvise

Visit site
Hi. I've just joined YBW forum and would like to view the East Coast calendar but 1. I get it in French and b. it is all blank. No plans for 2011? or do I have to do something else to get access?:confused:

Hang around and read the East Coast forum, all will be revealed.[/QUOTE]

Interestingly this is my third attempt to access the calendar without sucess...am I fighting a loosing battle trying to infiltrate some secret underground club or has this thread just received an unjustified sticky??

Last edited:

Sixpence

Visit site
Hang around and read the East Coast forum, all will be revealed.

Interestingly this is my third attempt to access the calendar without sucess...am I fighting a loosing battle trying to infiltrate some secret underground club or has this thread just received an unjustified sticky??[/QUOTE]

Currently logged in to my own Google Calendar and able to edit without issue, also logged in to the ECF Google Calendar at the same time, and also able to edit without issue. Strange :confused:

What log in details are you using ?

Anyone else having problems ?

microvise

Visit site
Currently logged in to my own Google Calendar and able to edit without issue, also logged in to the ECF Google Calendar at the same time, and also able to edit without issue. Strange :confused:

What log in details are you using ?

Anyone else having problems ?

Thanks for your reply.. :thumbsup:

I tried the link that does not require a log in then tried my own Google log in details assuming this is a colabrative calendar. Both led me to blank calendars :thumbdown:

It would seem that most posters in this thread are having the same issue as me so I would suggest the thread is un-sticky'd to save anyone else further confusion. Thanks again.

microvise

Visit site
Hi,
I am currently developing a website called "East coast Sailing" which aims to be a resource for all that goes on and exists for yachtsmen and women in this area.
Within the site I have a Google calendar for displaying E. coast events. I can include other calendars to be displyed on this. would you be interested in including your calendar there? If so could I have the login pass for your E coast calendar.

Great stuff, really looking forward to seeing it TE...

A quick search http://www.saileastcoast.co.uk/ and from your website http://www.eastcoastrivers.com/, I'm guessing that neither are the site you are refering to though I will eagerly anticipate the link when it's ready.

microvise

Visit site
Are there any events on it? I can access the calendar but it seems devoid of content. Is it just me?

It looks like we crossed over there...all I get is a blank calendar too :-(

I have experimented with a wordpress calendar plug-in recently which seems to work well and could be less restrictive than the Google option, I wonder if this may be a better alternative for the website you are developing?! If however, you're planning on basing the site around the Joomla CMS (like your signature site) then I would imagine there is an even better calendar option for this available.

Sixpence

Visit site
It would seem that most posters in this thread are having the same issue as me so I would suggest the thread is un-sticky'd to save anyone else further confusion. Thanks again.

Tested by quite a few, some time ago, when it was decided to make it a sticky, perhaps before your good self became as involved here, but all is explained at the start

Password is BIRCHWOOD

At the start of the season how much 'content' would one expect ? :confused:

The confusion could be that you may be viewing something else, but you do need to log in to do anything on there.

Sixpence

Visit site
Loads :p - at least more than at the end of the season ;)

I is watching you :p

P.S. Out of the good stuff now :eek:

Nick, the original debate over a calendar got a bit protracted which is why we now have this relatively short thread, aimed at keeping it so people didn't have to wade through loads of stuff before getting to the bit they want. Afraid very few apparently seem to have any problem with it, but if yourself and The Engineer are after a replacement, be my guest and ask the others. I just got told to shut up and get on with it :D
Which is why we have what we have now
Please start a new thread on the subject though, or this one will go the same as the last and end up being hard work to get through :eek:

There is no overall calendar administrator, the content is added by users. If people have an event they wish to add they will, if they don't want others to know, they don't, seemples. The Pirate Weekend is often added once details are finalised, but this year we have quite a few people more interested in gaining employment than updating here, so things may move a little slower than usual. Events are being added though, I have my settings so that I get a reminder if something is due, though why someone added the Martlesham Heath event I have no idea :eek::D

As said, start a new thread by all means, but suggesting we 'unsticky' without an agreed alternative first :rolleyes:

microvise

Visit site
I is watching you :p

P.S. Out of the good stuff now :eek:

Nick, the original debate over a calendar got a bit protracted which is why we now have this relatively short thread, aimed at keeping it so people didn't have to wade through loads of stuff before getting to the bit they want. Afraid very few apparently seem to have any problem with it, but if yourself and The Engineer are after a replacement, be my guest and ask the others. I just got told to shut up and get on with it :D
Which is why we have what we have now
Please start a new thread on the subject though, or this one will go the same as the last and end up being hard work to get through :eek:

There is no overall calendar administrator, the content is added by users. If people have an event they wish to add they will, if they don't want others to know, they don't, seemples. The Pirate Weekend is often added once details are finalised, but this year we have quite a few people more interested in gaining employment than updating here, so things may move a little slower than usual. Events are being added though, I have my settings so that I get a reminder if something is due, though why someone added the Martlesham Heath event I have no idea :eek::D

As said, start a new thread by all means, but suggesting we 'unsticky' without an agreed alternative first :rolleyes:

Cheers Dave, don't get me wrong here, there is nothing off beam about using Google calendar and the system you have put in place - it is perfectly fit for purpose! What I was, and it seems others, were concerned with was whether or not it was actually working or not. It seems working yes / active no. There were zero events listed which didn't give me the confidence that I was actually looking at the right thing..

Since you spelt it out and I now I know I'm in the right place you may have noticed that I've put my grubby hands on it and added some forthcoming events...ok I guess the Antiques Roadshow and the Aviation meeting in Martlesham are a little way off boating but at least it shows the calendar is working :)

Hopefully as the season goes on there will be a few things added...afterall, while forums are good for lots of reasons, they are an excellent way of meeting up with other boating enthusiasts from the area while being actually on the water, rather than behind a computer screen!

I will keep my eye out and hopefully even add something myself - BBQ over at Wrabness on the 25th June looks good :thumb:

vladsharp

Visit site
Hi - I'm new here (and to sailing as well) so will be trying to attend one or two events in the calendar (based in Cambridge at the moment) depending on my work calendar.

A suggestion for the Google Calendar - you should be able to set up Google Apps for domains (provided you have a domain name) and then share the calendar either as public or give individual people logins to access it. Or maybe you don't even need Google Apps to share the calendar publically - it will be read-only but better than switching google accounts :)

Edit: Oops there already is a public calendar share XD

Last edited:

ChattingLil

Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

Finesse II

Ipswich, Suffolk, UK and on boat in France
Visit site
High Nick,
We plan to depart Woodbridge for Shotley and then onto Ramsgate this weekend en route to Paris via Honfleur. I hope it will be Leisurely 3 week run with time to enjoy the ports of call and get out on the bicycles, no room for the GS. We will leave Finesse II near Paris and then carry on cruising alternate months this year and maybe next if SWMBO is happy!
Shotley Point YC are having a 26 boat flotilla cruise on the Orwell on Sunday 10.30 - 15.00 ish. Let me know if you both want to drop by for a beer over the weekend?
SGR or Graham

Sixpence

Visit site
http://www.rya.org.uk/newsevents/news/Pages/BelgianstotolerateuseofreddieselbyUKboats.aspx

[h=1]Belgium to tolerate use of red diesel by UK boats[/h][h=2]Visiting British leisure craft can use red diesel in Belgian waters subject to conditions.[/h]The Belgian Finance Minister, Koen Greens has advised that visiting British leisure craft can use red diesel in Belgian waters subject to conditions.
The advice was contained in a letter to the General President of the Flemish Watersports Association (VZW) in Nieuwpoort.
The Minister states that any inspections carried out by the General Administration of Customs and Excise must be undertaken with due consideration that white diesel is not available to British leisure craft and that they must therefore ‘adopt a pragmatic approach’.