Forum Burgees

G

The post lower down made me think. How about some Forum Burgees? Then we could wave (or throw things) at each other as we passed.

byron

RIP
Visit site
{i} You haven't got anywhere to put a burgee on your boat
{ii} You don't even wear your ODCC burgee
{iii} You are too mean to buy a burgee
{iv} Did you lock my boat up when you left?

ô¿ô

G

1. You gave me a stainless mast (and I'm on the look out for something about 15')
2. Haven't put it up yet
3. True
4. Yes

burgundyben

Visit site
Great idea, but....

.....we would have to keep it secret from the raggies and ragpots we've been rude to in case they used it to identify us and attack.

burgundyben, coolest of men, by all I'm called, cool burgundyben.

Col

Visit site
Re: Great idea, but....

Are you trying to say you can't outrun a raggie in that Fairy of yours?

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
I had a go at designing something like this last year (BarryD was quite keen but any burgee would be too big for his boat - but watch this space!) but chickened out when it became obvious we'd need to sell quite a few to get a reasonable price.
You can seee the 'martini-mouse' burgee at
http://www.boatsonthethames.co.uk/burgee1.gif
Really posh embroidered ones were going to be about £30 or so and printed ones about £15 but youd need 50 or so to make printed worthwhile if I rmember correctly.

TonyR
boatone@boatsontheweb.com
www.boatsonthethames.co.uk

hlb

RIP
Visit site
There was a bloke at the Traford center,who had a computerised sewing machine thingy. He flogged fleeces and wrote anything you wanted on it, including sheilds and all sorts, in as many colours as wanted. 30 quid for good quality fleece and the writting. Must be some one about with some thing similar.
Mind you, like some one said. What about the raggies!!
It's Ok while moving, we can just ram the buggers. But what if they get us whilst parked up!!!

Haydn

byron

RIP
Visit site
Wait a mo' surely Raggies are just as entitled to a Forum Burgee as any of us. I move that only narrowboats be excluded as they all ready have three things starting with the letter 'B'
Bobble Hats, Beards and B.O.
I will want a Burgee on my Halberg Rassey as well as my Princess 435

ô¿ô

ccscott49

Visit site
Like to see you try and ram me! 48 tons of burmese teak, all that would be left would be six inch squares of plastic! and a couple of engines!

Other threads that may be of interest