Ford Transit Custom

Bigplumbs

Visit site
We are thinking of getting a Ford Transit Custom L1H1 and converting it into a simple micro camper. I was wondering if many people on here tow their boats with this type of van and if so how they are on slipways

andrewbarker

Visit site
Well, maybe I don't have your budget but I bought a brilliant Mitsubishi Delica last year. Excellent 3 litre 6 cyl petrol engine, proper 4 wheel drive, high/ low range gears. & a diff lock. Cruises effortlessly anywhere. Mine came with a flat pack ready cut camper kit (double bed, sink unit, cupboards, manual pump water). It would be a much better slipway vehicle than the Transit & all for under £9000 second hand.

luke collins

Visit site
Make sure you get the wet belt changed. We run a number of them and the wet belts fail and block up the oil pickup or snap and all goes pop. They say good for 150k. Some go at around 75k. I would suggest change the wet belt at 70k if it’s not been done. Good van other than the wet belt issue. Tow pretty well with the 170 ps engine.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Make sure you get the wet belt changed. We run a number of them and the wet belts fail and block up the oil pickup or snap and all goes pop. They say good for 150k. Some go at around 75k. I would suggest change the wet belt at 70k if it’s not been done. Good van other than the wet belt issue. Tow pretty well with the 170 ps engine.
I am looking at 2.2 ltr ones 128 hp with the chain. I am steering away for the 2.0 post 2016 wet belt versions