Fm radio cockpit speakers volume control

wonkywinch

Visit site
I assume because OP wants to be able to turn radio off (or down) from cockpit, and radio is below decks?
You've reminded me when I was a young and lazy electronics engineer, I took the push button tuner module out of the front of my 1970s TV and extended it with a home made umbilical cable long enough to reach my sofa.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
The fm radio and internal speakers are downstairs, the vhf and pushpit/cockpit speakers (and me) are upstairs. What I'm attempting to do is instal a switch to temporarily mute the cockpit speakers.

I have the same arrangement and a simple toggle switch was fitted in my VHF speaker

My Fm radio is in my saloon with speakers in the cockpit again a toggle switch was fitted in the wiring from the radio to the cockpit speakers.

A simple DPST toggle switch can be used to switch both speakers and a DPST for ach speaker so each speaker can be switch indervidally

If you wish to switch both at the same time and switch both wires to each speaker you would need a 4 Pole ST switch or you could use a relay to switch the speakers wires

Refueler

Visit site
The fm radio and internal speakers are downstairs, the vhf and pushpit/cockpit speakers (and me) are upstairs. What I'm attempting to do is instal a switch to temporarily mute the cockpit speakers.

OK .. understood ...

For just two extra speakers - my simple suggestion will work ...

If you were to add more speakers possibilities - then to keep Ohms in range - the speaker switch box would be idea - BUT if you switch from one set to another set - keeping number of speakers down - then you could use a multi position switch .. basically each position being a set of speakers with others then disconnected etc.

Its not rocket science !! (y)