Flood Management ??

BrendanS

Visit site
on your original question: found the following from the BBC, where they did a live question and answer forum with a spokesman from the environment agency

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Can I ask you first of all a question that many people ask, is this a sign that climate change - global warning - is happening or isn't it?

Ian Hope:
I think in general that we could say yes. We've got some very accurate records now for the last century which indicate a rise in temperature - on average 0.6 of a degree centigrade and we are seeing linked with that increased intensity of rainfall, winter rainfall increasing and potentially drier, warmer summers. So we consider that this is the early indications of climate change and indeed the prognosis is certainly that things could get more serious over the next 50 to 80 years.

<hr></blockquote>

full transcript here
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/forum/2621397.stm#1>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/forum/2621397.stm#1</A>

PGD

www.peter-davey.com
no one is questioning Mr B, just adding personal experience, if you read back the facts concur, so your point is ?

peter

cooking on gas - no way - running on diesel /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

PGD

www.peter-davey.com
I have it on good authority that the reason everything north of the flood relief channel flooded was that the land set a side as flood plain - ie farmers fields that are flooded via gates etc and that they are paid to allow to be flooded in the Oxford area, were not. It is alladged that somebody didn't open the gates and allow the flelds to flood - hence all the problems.

Anyone have anything to add to this.

Peter

cooking on gas - no way - running on diesel /forums/images/icons/wink.gif