Flexible fuel hose on taylors paraffin heater?

DHV90

Visit site
Im trying to breath some life into an old taylors paraffin heater, its missing most of the fuel feed to get fuel from the tank to the heater and it would be a lot easier to fit fuel barbs and run hose between the two. Is this likely to cause any serious problems? or so long as they seal well enough for the pressure itll be fine?

Thanks!

David2452

Visit site
Provided you use 7840 hose with well made connections and follow the manufacturers instructions as to bore, and particularly as to material close to the heater I can't think of why tht would be an issue.

ffiill

Visit site
I replumbed mine using 8 mm copper plus suitable fittings.
Flexible hoses are out there- most central heating oil boilers use them.
Plastic however is not on as is common with all primus type pressurised heaters and cookers the stove can ,if feeling bloody minded ,burn non vapourised fuel invariably all around the fuel line under the stove.

Last edited:

kolster

Visit site
I also plumbed mine in, ! used 3/16" dia copper, ran it out of sight from the pressure tank under the cooker to the heater, about 8' total length, in the short length from the under the seating to the heater I made 3 coils about 2" dia in the pipe to allow for any movement, small diameter copper is so easy to use.