Fletcher 199 arrowshaft info please?

PorkPie Jedi

Visit site
Look at the screen on that racing boat I pictured above. Although described as an arrowbolt in the picture. I’m almost certain these were actually 199 hulls or based on them..but with a cut down screen. It looks identical to your screen.
Yes my screen as previously said on first post has been modified by a past owner. Not very Well either tbh. I think they where going for a miami vice villain look 🤔

I showed the current screen to the fletcher Guru and he agreed.

QBhoy

Visit site
Yes my screen as previously said on first post has been modified by a past owner. Not very Well either tbh. I think they where going for a miami vice villain look 🤔

I showed the current screen to the fletcher Guru and he agreed.
Fair play. If it’s been changed…then the guy must have came across a screen from the very rare racing version.
Is there signs of the usual 199 unique seating arrangements? They have a layout very different from the models in the range and era. Curved style passenger side arrangement.
Anyway. Hope you get her looking her best. The 199 is a fairly rare model. Rarer still if my previous stated suspicion is correct around it maybe being one of the few ever existing race hulls. Love to see more pics either way. Especially of the inner transom. Just to prove me wrong, haha. If she’s had a serious strengthening modification to the transom…and with any sign of 8 engine mount holes (on the inside..the outside looks to have been plated)…she’s a racing version or speed ski boat. Some of these had two big mercs on the transom…likely totalling over 400hp. Keep us informed anyway. Big fletcher fan here. Had far too many over the years…still own one currently.

PorkPie Jedi

Visit site
So I picked up a 199 with damaged Hull over the weekend for spares. Now I have them side by side there are some minor differences.

The foredecks are identical as is the Hull upto the cabin area. Then things start to get a little different. My boat has 18inches shorter cabin area and the fletcher profile on just below the rubber is some 18 inches to the rear of the other. Also the splash deck on mine is wider.

There's only 4 motor holes in the transom and not particularly beefed up either.

QBhoy

Visit site
So I picked up a 199 with damaged Hull over the weekend for spares. Now I have them side by side there are some minor differences.

The foredecks are identical as is the Hull upto the cabin area. Then things start to get a little different. My boat has 18inches shorter cabin area and the fletcher profile on just below the rubber is some 18 inches to the rear of the other. Also the splash deck on mine is wider.

There's only 4 motor holes in the transom and not particularly beefed up either.
Takes a real Fletcher geek like me, to notice such slight differences. Haha. What’s this cabin you talk of like ?

Last edited:

PorkPie Jedi

Visit site
It's exactly the same, same dash profile, same rear seat area but just shorter by about 18inches. I was wondering if it's an early model 199 or a pre199 model.

prestomg27

Visit site
If you haven't aleady you should waych boatworks today.

Professional boat builder rebuilding the transom on his own Bertram 25 using a composite material.