First run out

Steve_D

Visit site
We had our first run out today, the boats in the water looking smart after all our work over the last few weeks. We didn't go far St Peter Port up to St Martins point so that I could get used to the handling and go over the starting routine and berthing.

Two minor hiccups the first was when the oil alarm sounded for a few seconds for no apparent reason, we cut the engine to idle and it went off, checked pressure, temperature and level, but all seemed ok gently opened the throttle and it was fine. The only thing I could think of was a new sensor 'bedding in' as the engine was running as sweet as a nut. We're having it checked tomorrow, just in case.

The second was when we went into the albert marina; as the boat had been dropped into the water at the QE II marina we hadn't seen the notice at the top of the pontoon ramp informing us that there was a foot less water over the sill ???!

As you can imagine this caused a slight raising of the heart rate as I innocently asked " Do you usually come in with this little water over the sill?" to which my mate replied "Oh no this is fine, theres plen...... bloody hell!" and knocked the throttle to neutral whilst lifting the drive as high as possible

Still its all good character building stuff and the spin out to the point was a nice taste of things to come.

Regards

Steve D

<hr width=100% size=1>

DepSol

Visit site
Yes nearly got caught out by that the other day but saw the signs at the top of the pontoons. Its a pain as thy were supposed to be lowering the sill..not raising it!!

See you out there at the weekend.

<hr width=100% size=1>Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me