First boat - Halcyon 27

Wansworth

Visit site
Just been down to have a look at her in the boatyard and despite it raining a fair bit last night here in southern Hampshire there was virtually none in her bilges. Usual delightful combination of a small amount of diesel oil and dirty water, but nothing excessive.
I saw that the loose fitting piece of plywood floor must have carted nearly all the rain water down to the little gully at the aft end, where a single decent sized outlet then carries the water away out of the transom.
I will make a new floor piece from marine ply and fibreglass, and put a rubber seal around the periphery, with six screws to hold in in position.
I want to say that I'm really grateful to you other commenters who have volunteered expertise and information. To a person who is worried about their new 'girlfriend' it is an amazing help. I hope I can return the favour in due course, and will be delighted to help if I can.
The Albin vega has a complete cockpit floor that bolts down using captive nuts and countersunk machine screws a good upstanding with a gasket on the bit being bolted down worked on my. Vega