Fireproof board for mounting electrical equipment

Drumm

Visit site
I need to bond a suitable board to the GRP structure in a locker so that I screw mount a regulator for my electrical devices eg duogen regulator, smart shunt, mppt's.

I was going to use marine plywood but it's fire retardant/resistant.

Can anyone recommend a suitable board please?

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Electrical distribution box normally has either a steel of aluminum plate for the mounting of electrical equipment either mounted on DIN rails or screwed onto the plate with tapped holes for easy removal

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I need to bond a suitable board to the GRP structure in a locker so that I screw mount a regulator for my electrical devices eg duogen regulator, smart shunt, mppt's.

I was going to use marine plywood but it's fire retardant/resistant.

Can anyone recommend a suitable board please?
Nothing there that cannot be mounted to ply.

William_H

Visit site
Some safety standards do require electrical switch boards etc to be mounted on fire proof material. I don't know what it is called but any electrical equipment supply should be able to provide. My home meter box for instance has this black board material. ol'will

PaulRainbow

Visit site
The typical GRP boat has ply bulkheads etc, to which the fuse boards, battery chargers, consumer units, battery monitors, solar controllers etc etc are mounted. None of them get hot enough to damage ply.

If we need to mount everything on steel, aluminium or other fireproof material, that must mean that all of the wiring must also be mounted on such materials, or better yet in metal enclosures. This is not the case, ply is fine.